The Client tab contains contact information and other data relevant to a TPA firm's clients. This tab makes it simple to add and edit phone numbers or addresses, as well as view Interactions or compile Notes. Importantly, it provides an easy way to manage all Plans that fall under the Client.
Opening a Client Tab
- Use the Search bar to search by Client name.
- Expand the Clients result list.
- Select the name of the Client.
Tier Availability: Track, Team, Business
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Client
Table of Contents
- Navigating Views
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Views Panel of the Client tab includes information about the Client and offers the following views: General, Addresses, Numbers, Employer Data, Interactions, Plans, and Notes.
Some views, such as the General view, contain attributes and information that define the Client. To edit these attributes:
- Select Edit at the top-right of the view.
- Make any necessary changes in the window that appears.
- Select Save.
Other views, like the Addresses and Numbers views, contain lists of records attached to the Client. In these views, records can be added by performing the following steps:
- Select Add at the top-right of the view.
- Complete the required fields in the window that appears.
- Select Save.
The aim of this guide is not to provide an exhaustive list of Client fields and properties. However, any items of particular note are covered in each view's section, below.
The General view contains the information that was entered during Client creation, such as Company Name and Status, as well as other basic information, like EIN and Category.
- The following fields are required: Location, Company, Status
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Status
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > Client/Employer: Category
Selecting More at the top-right of the General view displays options for linking and unlinking the Client to companies within ftwilliam.com.
The Addresses view allows for adding, editing, and deleting a Client's address information.
New Addresses may be added by selecting Add
- The following fields are required: Address, Address Type
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Address Type
- Expanding the Address dropdown will display the addresses on file under the Client's Company tab.
- If the desired address is not listed, select Add to the right of the Address field to create a new one.
- The following additional fields are required: Address 1, City, State, Zip Code, Address Type
- The following additional field is a List Value located under Core > General: Address Type
- An address that is added in this way will also be added to the Client's Company tab.
Hovering over any Address record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
The Numbers view allows for adding, editing, and deleting a Contact's phone numbers.
New Numbers may be added by selecting Add
- The following fields are required: Number Type, Number
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Number Type
Hovering over any Number record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
The Employer Data view manages the Client's firm information, such as the Fiscal Year End Date, NAIC code, EIN, and Payroll information. This data is typically tracked for each plan year.
New Company Information may be added by selecting Add
- The following fields are required: Fiscal Year End Month, Fiscal Year End Day, Period Start, Period End
- The following fields are List Values located under Core > Client\Employer: Entity, Payroll Frequency
Hovering over any Employer Data record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
Double-clicking a record opens it in a new Employer Data tab.
For more information on Employer Data, refer to the article Employer Data for Clients.
The Interactions view displays any Interactions, such as Blast Emails and Secure File Exchanges, that have occurred under a Client.
Double-clicking an Interaction record opens it in a new Interaction tab.
Email Interactions can be re-sent by single-clicking on the desired record in the grid, then selecting Resend Interaction to the top-right of the grid. A dialog will appear to confirm the resend action.
Client Interactions cannot be manually added or edited. Within the Client tab, the Interactions view simply lists Interactions that are linked to Plans and Contacts under that Client. For more information on Interactions, refer to the article Interactions.
The Plans view displays every Plan that is associated with the Client.
New Plans may be added by selecting Add
- All fields are required.
- The following fields are List Values located under Core > Plan: Plan Type, Admin Type.
Double-clicking a Plan record opens it in a new Plan tab.
Hovering over any Plan record displays the Edit option on the right-hand side. Unlike the other views, the Edit option does not allow Plan information to be edited; instead, selecting it opens the Edit Plan to Client Assignment window, where the Plan can be reassigned or transferred to a different Client.
- Use the Reassign Plan to new Client field to search for the Client that the Plan should be reassigned to.
- If the Client does not exist, it must be created before reassigning a Plan to it.
For more information on Plans, refer to the article The Plan Tab.
The Notes view displays any Notes pertaining to the Client.
New Notes may be added by selecting Add
- The following field is required: Note
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Category
Hovering over any Note record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
If the Important checkbox has been selected for a Note, an Important icon will display next to that Note in the grid.
Notes can be archived by selecting the Archived checkbox in the Edit Note window. Archived Notes will be hidden from the Notes view by default; to view these records, select the More icon, then select Show Archived.
For more information on Notes, please refer to the article Using and Maintaining Notes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between a Client and a Company?
In PensionPro, "Company" refers to any business entity. For example, a Company record may be created when a Company name is added to a Contact. A "Client" is a type of Company, and is linked to a matching Company record, but Plans can only be created for and assigned to Clients.
- Where can I change the value for Payroll Provider in the Client Information grid?
The Payroll Provider field found in the General view of the Client tab actually pulls from the latest Employer Data record. To update the Payroll Provider, select the Employer Data view. Hover over the latest Employer Data record period to highlight it and select Edit on the right. Enter the new provider name in the Payroll Provider field and select Save.
- Why can't I add an Interaction to a Client?
Users cannot add, edit or link an Interaction to a Client. The Client’s Interaction view is merely a list of all interactions for all linked Plans, Contacts, etc. for that Client.