Welcome to PensionPro Track! PensionPro Track is the point-of-entry for TPA firms looking to simplify and automate their processes. The Track solution includes Customer Relationship Management and Reporting features that are accessible from a personal device. This article provides basic information for users working within the Track tier. The following instructions are intended to be completed in order. For additional information, please refer to the Associated Articles link.
Tier Availability: Track
- Accessing PensionPro
- Adding Employees
- Adding List Values
- Importing Data into PensionPro
- Using the Search Feature
- Plan Cycles
- Associated Articles
PensionPro 2.0 offers added convenience: it can be accessed anytime, anywhere! Users now only require a supported web browser and an internet connection to utilize the software.
How to Access PensionPro
- Enter the following URL in a supported web browser: app.pensionpro.com.
- Enter the Username that was provided in the email titled Getting Started with PensionPro Track!
- Select the Reset Password link to receive a temporary password via email.
- Enter the temporary password received in the email.
- Create a new password. Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain at least 3 of the following 4 items: an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, symbol (~!@#$%^&*).
Using the Help Center
PensionPro's Help Center can be accessed at any time by visiting support.pensionpro.com. The Help Center contains a variety of articles (such as this one!) that detail all of PensionPro's features.
If the Help Center articles are not sufficient to answer a specific question, the Submit a Request button on the Help Center's home page can be used to submit a support request to the PensionPro customer satisfaction team. Any user requesting support must first be signed in to the Help Center; for assistance, refer to the article Accessing the PensionPro Help Center.
Once PensionPro has been launched, a user with the correct Security Rights can begin to add Employee accounts to PensionPro. The following steps detail how to create new Employees and adjust their Security Rights once they are added.
How to Add an Employee
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Employee
- From the Navigation Panel, select Add Data > Employee.
- The Add Employee menu displays. Enter the relevant information into the fields and select Save. First Name, Last Name, Location, Email, and User Name are required fields. All required fields display with an asterisk.
How to Assign Security Rights
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Employee
Security Rights dictate what PensionPro features an Employee account has access to. Use the following instructions to manage Security Rights:
- Use the search bar to search for the employee's name.
- Expand the Employees dropdown.
- Select the employee's name once to open the General Employee Information grid.
- Select the Security Rights View.
- Select Add in the upper-right corner of the grid.
- The Add Security Rights menu displays.
- From the Available Rights dropdown, select the individual Security Rights to be added, or select Add all rights.
- Select Save when the appropriate Rights have been added.
The following is a list of Security Rights and their function:
Access Power Tools
|Allows the user to access and use the Power Tool menu items
|Allows the user to add a new Client from the Navigation Panel and edit existing client information from the Client tab
|Allows the user to add a new Contact from the Navigation Panel and edit existing contact information from the Contact tab
|Allows the user to add a new Employee from the Navigation Panel and edit user Security Rights from the Employee tab
|Allows the user to add a new Plan from the Navigation Panel and edit existing plan information from the Plan tab
|Add/Edit Plan Cycles
|Allows the user to edit Plan Cycles
|Allows the user to delete notes
|Delete Secure File Exchange
|Allows the user to delete a Secure File Exchange
|Edit PlanSponsorLink Styling
|Allows the user to change colors, text sizes, etc. on PlanSponsorLink
|Edit/Merge Company Names
|Allows the user to edit Company Name details and access the Company Name Merge Tool from the Company tab
|Allows the user access to the Maintenance tools on the Navigation Panel
|Manage Contact Security
|Allows the user to reset a Contact's password and MFA configuration
|Allows the user to access Management Reports
|View Other Dashboards
|Allows the user to access other Employees' Dashboards
|View Other Secure File Exchanges
|Allows the user to view all users' Secure File Exchanges
Adding List Values
Now that the Employees are set up in the system, list values need to be added. List values are extremely important because these values allow certain fields to be customized to fit the company’s needs.
List Values are used in dropdown menus to provide data values for many fields in PensionPro. For example, when adding a Plan, the Plan Type dropdown is populated by the appropriate List Value. Outside of a small number of required default values, List Values are completely customizable; a firm could maintain 3 different options for Plan Type, or 30, depending on the number of Plan types the firm offers its clients.
For information on adding List Values, refer to the article List Values.
Importing Data into PensionPro
Converting data into PensionPro has never been easier. PensionPro now offers multiple ways for users to import their data.
For firms with existing data in ftwilliam.com, PensionPro provides a tool to migrate the data from ftwilliam.com to PensionPro quickly and easily. Directions for using the ftwilliam.com Import Power Tool can be found in the article Data Import from ftwilliam.com.
From a Template
PensionPro also provides the means to import data from an Excel workbook. Refer to the articles below for instructions on importing each type of data:
- Clients & Plans
- Employee Plan Roles
- Plan Contact Roles
- Employer Data / Company Information
- Investment Providers
- Services Provided
Using the Search Feature
Once data is imported into PensionPro, any information within that data can be quickly and easily retrieved by using the Search feature. The Search bar is located in the upper-left corner of any screen in PensionPro.
How to Search
- In the Search bar, enter at least two characters (alpha and numeric characters can be searched). If more than two characters are entered, the number of records returned will narrow.
- The results will be displayed in the Search Results grid under several Categories, such as Clients, Companies, Contacts, and Employees. Select any Category with at least one result to expand it and view the relevant records.
- Open a record returned in any Search Category by selecting it.
Search Preferences can be changed by selecting Search Preferences in the upper-right corner of the grid. Here, Categories can be edited to be expanded or collapsed by default, or hidden entirely. The ability to display Deactivated or Closed records can also be enabled. For more detailed information on these preferences, or the Search feature as a whole, refer to the article Searching & Search Preferences.
Plan Cycles in PensionPro are used to store annual recurring Plan information and track important dates. To open an view a Plan Cycle:
- Use the Search function to locate the desired Plan.
- From the View menu, select Plan Cycles.
- Double-click on any Plan Cycle to open it in a new Plan Cycle tab.
- If the desired Plan Cycle record doesn't exist, it can be created by selecting Add at the top-right of the grid.
The Plan Cycle tab contains the following views:
General contains basic information about the Plan Cycle.
Filings contains dates for 5500-related filings and submissions.
Milestones provides information on the high-level events that take place during the Annual Data Collection process.
Milestone events that occur during the annual process can be tracked on the Milestones Dashboard. This Dashboard is accessible from the Navigation Panel; it is also the default Dashboard that is displayed when a user opens PensionPro.
Adding new Plan Cycles can be done in three ways:
- By launching a new Plan Cycle manually, one Plan at a time. Refer to Plan Cycles.
- By launching new Plan Cycles across multiple Plans using Power Tools; refer to the Plan Cycles section of Power Tools.
- By importing Plan Cycle data for one or more Plans using Power Tools; refer to Adding Plan Cycle Data.
Once data is entered in PensionPro, users can generate reports from that information. PensionPro has made this easy by providing Reports, which can be accessed via the Navigation Panel.
There are many useful reports that are pre-built in PensionPro to assist with reporting needs. Brief descriptions of reports available in PensionPro can be found below. Please note that not all fields displayed on reports are included with PensionPro Track.
Reports can be accessed by selecting Reporting from the Navigation Panel of PensionPro. Reports are organized into various sections including Contacts, Clients and Companies, Mailing and Labels, Plans, and Management Reports. For more information on specific reports, refer to the article PensionPro Reports.
Contacts provides reports on contact lists, contacts missing data, and contact investment listings.
Clients and Companies contains reports such as client lists, clients missing data, and company addresses and numbers. This section also provides reports that detail client to plan links.
Mailing and Labels provides reports for printing contact, plan contact, and client mailing information.
Plans contains reports related to Plan information, such as plan lists, plans by employee role, plans by contact role, plans missing data, plan services, investments, and plan cycle information.
Security Rights Required: Management Reports
The Management Reports section allows managers to effectively report on system and data information, and can be accessed by selecting Reporting > Management Reports. Here, managers can generate reports related to metrics or maintenance, create charts and graphs, or export data.
PensionPro provides PlanSponsorLink (PSL) as a tool to connect directly with Plan Sponsors and Contacts. PlanSponsorLink contains the following features:
- Secure File Exchange, a security-focused means of sending files to, or receiving files from, a Plan Sponsor.
- Bulletins, general announcements and documents which are shared with all Plan Sponsors.
Setting Up PSL
Security Rights Required: Maintenance
The following steps will assist in getting PlanSponsorLink up and running quickly. These steps do not cover the full range of preferences available for PSL; for more details, refer to the article PensionPro Preferences.
- Select Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro.
- Expand the General grouping from the Views list on the left, then select the PlanSponsorLink view.
- Edit the Website Name preference and set the value to the name of the firm.
- Edit the PlanSponsorLink Subdomain Name preference and set the value as desired.
- The name entered into this field will become part of the URL for the new subdomain. As such, it can only contain alphanumeric characters and hyphens. This name must be unique, and cannot match the name used by another firm.
- PensionPro recommends using a Subdomain Name consistent with the firm's branding.
- Edit the PSL Logo preference and use the File Selection box to upload a logo to be used on PlanSponsorLink.
- The logo must be an image file; the image's dimensions cannot exceed 400 pixels in width or 200 pixels in height.
- PensionPro Preferences
- Adding a Client, Plan, or Contact
- Adding & Terminating Employees
- Employee Plan Roles
- Plan Contact Roles
- Security Rights & Security Roles