This article is part of a series on importing records into PensionPro. Specifically, this article focuses on Services Provided data for Plans. Importing Services Provided information is accomplished by saving the necessary data in Excel workbook format, then uploading the data using Power Tools. This article will cover obtaining and completing the proper templates, and uploading those templates to PensionPro.
Tier Availability: Track, Team, Business
Security Rights Required: Access Power Tools
Table of Contents
One or more Service Provided entries can be added to a Plan to track which types of services are being managed. This information is then stored on the Plan tab, in the Services Provided view.
Obtaining a Template
Blank templates can be downloaded directly from PensionPro. It is always best to download a fresh copy of the template whenever an import needs to be performed to ensure that it is up to date with PensionPro's current standards.
To obtain a copy of the import template:
- Select Power Tools > Import > Services Provided to launch the Services Provided Import Power Tool.
- The Power Tool begins at Step 1: Options. Select More > Download Template. A blank template will be saved to the device.
- (Optional) Select More > Download Related Data. A workbook containing useful reference data will be saved to the device.
Completing the Template
Within the Services Provided Import template, Row 2 contains the column headings that represent the fields to be imported. Any headings highlighted in yellow denote required fields.
The following notes provide insight on completing a Services Provided Import template; these notes may not be comprehensive of all available columns.
Minimum required data:
TPA Plan ID / Plan Name
At least one of these fields is required to match the Investment Provider entry to an existing Plan in PensionPro. If both fields are used, they must reference the same Plan.
References a List Value, located under Core > Plan > Services Provided.
Importing the Template
Once the template is complete, it can be imported via Power Tools.
- Select Power Tools > Import > PensionPro Setup > Services Provided to launch the Services Provided Import Power Tool.
- In Step 1: Options, use the File Selection box to select the import template, then select Next.
- If an issue with the template is detected, an error message will appear in red containing a link to an error log. Selecting the link opens a new Error Log tab, which summarizes any errors (which will prevent the import) or warnings (which will not prevent an import, but may signal undesired results).
- Step 2: Preview will display the records as interpreted by PensionPro. Review the data, then select Next.
- If one or more records contain issues that are preventing a successful import, an error message will appear in red containing a link to download an error log. This error log is a copy of the import template, but with any cells containing errors highlighted in red. Hovering over a highlighted cell will display a note containing the associated error message.
- Step 3: Review summarizes the data to be imported. Select Execute.
- When Step 4: Finish is reached, the data has been imported and is now available for use. If desired, select Start Over to run the Power Tool again from the beginning.