When a Distribution requires the approval of—or documents from—a Plan Sponsor, Web Collection may be added to the Distribution Project. After Web Collection is enabled for a Distribution, the Distribution Request will be available for review by any relevant Plan Contacts in PlanSponsorLink.
Tier Availability: Business Bundle
Add-On Availability: PlanSponsorLink
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Project
Table of Contents
- Web Collection
Project Template Requirements
Additional Security Rights Required: Maintenance
For Project Templates with the Distribution Project Type, Web Collection must be enabled and established within the Template prior to launching the Distribution. To add Web Collection to a new or existing Template:
- In the Add Template or Edit Template window, ensure the Require Web Data Collection checkbox is not selected.
- In the Distribution Template's Workflow, perform the following:
- Add a Task Grouping titled Data Collection.
- Within the Data Collection Task Grouping, add two Tasks titled Distribution Request Notification and Approval and Submission, in that order.
- If Require Web Data Collection was not disabled in Step 1, it will not be possible to add or edit any Tasks within the Data Collection Task Grouping.
- Adding Task Items to Data Collection Tasks is not necessary, although they may be used to notify Employees that a Distribution Request Blast Email should be sent, and that Data Collection will be completed by the Plan Contact on PlanSponsorLink.
- Return to the Edit Template window and select the Require Web Data Collection checkbox.
Sample Distribution templates, with and without Data Collection Task Groupings, are attached to this article and can be found in the sidebar on the right-hand side of this page (or at the bottom of this page on mobile devices).
Blast Email for Distribution Requests
When a Distribution requires Data Collection, the Distribution Request must be reviewed and approved by the Plan Sponsor(s). While the communication method used to notify the Plan Sponsor of a required Web Collection is ultimately up to the TPA or firm, PensionPro recommends utilizing its Blast Email feature. Blast Email allows for the creation of email templates to be reused for both Distribution Requests and Reminders; it also simplifies Contact management, and stores a record of the email Interaction so that there is no more uncertainty over whether a reminder was sent or not.
Sending a Distribution Request Blast Email will automatically complete the first Task of the Data Collection Task Grouping. Distributions requiring Web Collection will not be displayed on PlanSponsorLink until this Task has been completed.
For more information, refer to the article Blast Email Overview.
PlanSponsorLink for Data Collection
A Distribution's Data Collection activity is the process by which a Plan Sponsor reviews the Distribution information—including Participant name, Plan name, and Distribution reason—and approves the Distribution as appropriate. Directing Plan Sponsors to PlanSponsorLink.com is a convenient way to manage this process. The relevant information will be displayed directly to the Plan Sponsor, and PensionPro will automatically track any approval and store any documents or notes that may be provided.
During Web Collection, the Plan Sponsor will have the opportunity to upload any documents that may be relevant to the Distribution Request. These documents can be accessed in PensionPro via the Files view of the Distribution's Project tab.
Alternatively, documents can be delivered to the Plan Sponsor in a similar manner. To upload a File to PlanSponsorLink:
- On the Files view of the Distribution's Project tab, select Add at the top-right of the grid.
- Select Open to choose a document for upload.
- Provide a Title and File Type.
- Type is a List Value located under Core > File Types
- Select Show on PSL.
- Select Save.
When the Plan Sponsor accesses PlanSponsorLink to approve the Distribution Request, the document(s) will be available alongside the Participant and Plan information.
During Web Collection, the Plan Sponsor will also have the ability to leave notes for the TPA. These notes can be accessed in PensionPro via the Notes view of the Distribution's Project tab. Additionally, when the Plan Sponsor signs off to approve a Distribution, a Note is automatically added to PensionPro detailing the signer's information.
Alternatively, Notes can be created in PensionPro to be seen by the Plan Sponsor on PlanSponsorLink. To create a note:
- On the Notes view of the Distribution's Project tab, select Add at the top-right of the grid.
- Enter the desired text into the Note field.
- Select Show on PSL.
- Select Save.
When the Plan Sponsor accesses PlanSponsorLink to approve the Distribution Request, the Note will be available alongside the Participant and Plan information.
Data Collection on the Project Tab
Regardless of what stage Data Collection is in—whether it has not yet been started on PlanSponsorLink, or has already been completed—the information can be accessed and managed through the relevant views on the Distribution's Project tab. This section provides details on all the views found under the Data Collection grouping within the Views Panel of the Project tab. For details about any other view, or for information on the Project tab itself, refer to the article The Project Tab.
The following subsections detail each Data Collection view for Distribution Web Collection.
The Request view displays the date that the Distribution Request Blast Email was sent to the Plan Sponsor.
If the Distribution Request has not yet been sent, selecting Edit allows the Distribution to be easily marked for deletion.
Information entered into PlanSponsorLink can be downloaded in Excel workbook format by selecting More Options > Download Report.
The Approval view displays the current status of the Distribution Request, including the date the request was sent, and the date the request was approved by the Plan Sponsor.