The Contact tab displays contact information—street addresses, phone numbers, email addresses—for persons stored in PensionPro. This information can be easily referenced and edited to keep contact information current.
Opening a Contact Tab
- Use the Search bar to search by Contact name.
- Expand the Contacts result list.
- Select the name of the Contact.
Tier Availability: Track, Team, Business
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Contact
- Navigating Views
- Frequently Asked Questions
The Views Panel of the Contact tab includes information about the Contact and offers the following views: General, Addresses, Numbers, Relationship, Activity, To-Dos, Interactions, Communication Lists, Notes, and Sales.
Some views, such as the General and Relationship views, contain attributes and information that define the Contact. To edit these attributes:
- Select Edit at the top-right of the view.
- Make any necessary changes in the popup window that appears.
- Select Save.
Other views, like the Addresses and Numbers views, contain lists of records attached to the Contact. In these views, records can be added by performing the following steps:
- Select Add at the top-right of the view.
- Complete the required fields in the popup window that appears.
- Select Save.
The aim of this guide is not to provide an exhaustive list of Contact fields and properties. However, any items of particular note are covered in each view's section, below.
The General view contains the information that was entered during Contact creation, such as Name and Company, as well as other basic information, like Contact Preference and Category.
- The following fields are required: First Name, Last Name
- The following fields are List Values located under Core > Contact: Prefix, Suffix, Profession, Preference, Grouping, Category, Status
Selecting More at the top-right of the General view displays options for linking and unlinking the Contact to contacts within ftwilliam.com. Additionally, if the contact utilizes PlanSponsorLink, password and multi-factor authentication management can be accessed from the relevant menu options.
The Addresses view allows for adding, editing, and deleting a Contact's address information.
New Addresses may be added by selecting Add
- The following fields are required: Address 1, City, State, Zip Code, Address Type
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Address Type
Hovering over any Address record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
The Numbers view allows for adding, editing, and deleting a Contact's phone numbers.
New Numbers may be added by selecting Add
- The following fields are required: Type, Number
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Type
Hovering over any Number record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
The Relationship view can be used to store personal information about a Contact, either for reference or personalization.
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > Contact: Contact Source
The Activity view displays Plans, Proposals, and Prospects the Contact is linked to. Each record in the display grid shows the name of the Plan, Proposal, or Prospect the Contact is connected to, as well as the Contact's Role relative to that item.
The list of Activities is automatically populated; new records cannot be manually added.
Double-clicking a record within the grid will open the associated Plan, Proposal, or Prospect in a new tab.
The To-Dos view displays To-Do items for the Contact, allowing their progress to be tracked.
New To-Dos may be added by selecting Add
- The following fields are required: Title, Assigned To
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Status
Hovering over any To-Do record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
If the To-Do's Priority field is set to Critical, a Critical icon will display next to that Note in the grid.
For more information on To-Dos, refer to the article To-Dos.
The Interactions view displays any Interactions, such as Blast Emails and Secure File Exchanges, that have occurred with a Contact. For more information on Interactions, refer to the article Interactions.
New Interactions may be added by selecting Add
- The following fields are required: Type, Title, Interaction Date
- The following fields may be required if a Link Type is specified: Opportunity Name, Plan Name, Proposal Name, Prospect Name
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > Interactions: Type
Hovering over any Interaction record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
Double-clicking an Interaction record opens it in a new Interaction tab.
Email and Blast Email interactions can be re-sent by selecting the Interaction record to highlight it, selecting More > Resend Interaction.
The Communication Lists view displays any Communication Lists the Contact has been added to. Blast Emails can be sent to collections of Contacts via Communication Lists.
The Contact may be added to one or more Communication Lists by selecting Add
- Select the appropriate Communication List from the Available Lists dropdown, then select Add on the right. Any lists added will show up within the Added To Lists box.
- For information on setting up Communication Lists, refer to the article Communication Lists.
Hovering over any Communication List displays the Delete option on the right-hand side.
The Notes view displays any Notes pertaining to the Contact.
New Notes may be added by selecting Add
- The following field is required: Note
- The following field is a List Value located under Core > General: Category
Hovering over any Note record displays the Edit and Delete options on the right-hand side.
If the Important checkbox has been selected for a Note, an Important icon will display next to that Note in the grid.
Notes can be Archived by selecting the Archived checkbox in the Edit Note popup window. Archived Notes will be hidden from the Notes view by default; to view these records, select More > Show Archived.
For more information on Notes, please refer to the article Notes.
The Sales view stores Sales information related to a Contact, such as Sales Territory and Investment Provider details.
- The following field is a List Value located under SalesPitch > Prospect: Sales Territory
- The following fields are List Values located under SalesPitch > Contact: Broker Dealer, Platform Preference
- The following fields are List Values located under SalesPitch > Investment: Investment Provider, Plan Provider
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can two separate Contacts have the same email address?
No. The email address must be unique to the Contact record.
- What is the difference between the Ok to Call, Receive Bulk Email, and Ok to Email checkboxes on the General view, and what do those control?
Receive Bulk Email typically dictates if the contact should receive mass emails. Ok to Email specifies if the Contact can be emailed. Ok to Call specifies if the Contact accepts phone calls. These fields are for reference only and do not directly control if users can send correspondence to contacts or not. However, users can add a filter in Blast Email for these particular fields, so contacts with the Receive Bulk Email or Ok to Email options set to Yes will populate.
- How can I make a phone number or address that was previously marked as personal, linked to the Company the Contact works for?
It is not possible to remove the Personal designation from a phone number or address. Instead, remove the number or address, then add the number or address to the Contact again, leaving the Personal checkbox unselected. The new number or address will be linked to the Company the Contact has been assigned to on the General view of the Contact tab.
- I have a Contact that I want to set up as an Employee, can I convert a Contact to an Employee?
Currently, there is no way to convert a Contact to an Employee in PensionPro. However, to prevent the loss of the history associated with the original contact record, select Edit on the General view of the Contact tab. In the Edit General Information popup window, remove the email address and deselect the Active checkbox. Then, from the Navigation Panel, select Add Data > Employee as normal to create a new Employee record.
- Can a Contact be set up with multiple email addresses?
Currently, only one email address can be stored for a Contact. However one possible option is to create a Note to track an alternate email address for a Contact.
- Can I merge two or more Contacts into one record to remove duplicates?
The duplicate records will need to be manually edited and/or deleted, as a "merge contacts" feature is not available at this time.