Welcome to PensionPro Track! PensionPro Track is the point-of-entry for TPA firms looking to simplify and automate their processes. The Track solution includes Customer Relationship Management and reporting features accessible from your device. This article provides information to give users the basics when working within the Track tier of PensionPro. Users will want to complete the information in order. For additional information, please feel free to access the Associated Articles link.
Tier Availability: Track
Add-On Availability: SalesPitch, PlanSponsorLink
Find information on the following topics by clicking the links below:
- Accessing PensionPro
- Adding Employees
- List Values
- Importing Data into PensionPro
- Search Feature
- Plan Cycles
- Associated Articles
Accessing PensionPro top^
PensionPro 2.0 offers added convenience, as it can be accessed anytime, anywhere, as long as you have access to a supported web browser and an internet connection.
How to Access PensionPro
- Enter the following URL in a supported web browser: https://app.pensionpro.com/.
- Enter the Username that was provided in the Getting Started with PensionPro Track! email.
- Click the Reset password link to receive a temporary password.
- Enter the temporary password received in the email.
- Create a new password. Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters and contain at least 3 of the following 4 items: an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, symbol (~!@#$%^&*).
Adding Employees top^
Once PensionPro has been accessed, a user with the correct security rights can begin to add employees to PensionPro. Below is information on how to add employees and adjust security rights for employees.
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Employee
How to Add an Employee
- From the Navigation Panel click Add Data > Employee.
- The Add Employee menu displays. Complete the fields on the menu and click Save. First Name, Last Name, Location, Email, and User Name are required fields. All required fields display with an asterisk. We recommend the Username be set as the employee’s email address.
Assigning Security Right
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Employee
How to Access Employee Details
- Use the search bar to search for the employee's name.
- Expand the Employees dropdown.
- Click the employee's name once to open the General Employee Information grid.
- Click the Security Rights menu.
- Click the Add icon in the upper-right corner.
- The Add Security Rights menu displays.
- From the Available Rights dropdown, select the Security Rights to be added or select Add All Rights.
- Click Save when complete.
Below is a list of security rights and their function:
List Values top^
Security Rights Required: Maintenance
Now that the Employees are set up in the system, list values need to be added. List values are extremely important because these values allow the user to customize certain fields to fit the company’s needs. They are used in dropdown menus to provide a systematic value structure for various fields in PensionPro. Please note that many of the List Values in the system need to be set up prior to importing data to complete the import.
For information on adding list values, please click here to be directed to our article PensionPro 2.0 - Maintaining List Values.
Importing Data into PensionPro top^
Security Rights Required: Access Power Tools
Converting data into PensionPro has never been easier. PensionPro now offers multiple ways for users to import their data.
Import Data From ftwilliam.com
If users have data in ftwilliam.com, PensionPro has made a tool that migrates that data from ftwilliam to PensionPro quickly and easily. Users can find directions on how to use the ftwilliam.com Import Power Tool in our article PensionPro 2.0 - Importing Data With The Ftwilliam.Com Import Power Tool.
Import Data from the Department of Labor
The DOL Express Import allows PensionPro users to onboard easily with the option to import Client and Plan data by syncing to the DOL site. They can select which applicable Clients and Plans to import. Users can find directions on how to use the DOL Import Power Tool in our article PensionPro 2.0 - Importing Data Using The DOL Import Power Tool..
Import Data Using the Express Import Template
So users can import their Clients, Plans, Plan Contacts, Employer data, Investment Provider information at once, they could use the Express Import Power Tool. Users can find directions on how to use the Express Import, in our article PensionPro 2.0 - Using the Express Import Tool..
Using the Search Feature top^
Once data is imported into PensionPro, users can find data by using the search feature. The Search Feature allows a user to find information quickly and easily in PensionPro. Users can find directions on how to use the Search Feature, in our article PensionPro 2.0 - Using the Search Feature.
Security Rights Required: None
- In the Search bar, located in the upper- left corner of any screen in PensionPro.
The search results will be displayed in the Search Results grid under the following Categories:
The Search Results grid display can be customized to show only the data categories desired. Customize the view by clicking Gear icon in the upper-right corner of the grid. The Search Preferences open where you can click the Edit icon next to the desired preference to edit as you choose.
How to Search:
- In the Search bar, enter at least two characters (users can search alpha and numeric characters). If more than two characters are entered, it will narrow the number of records returned.
- The search feature will return matching data from the following fields:
- Clients: Client Name, Client ID, Search Text
- Companies: Company Name
- Contacts: Full Name, Company Name, Email Address, Phone Number
- Employees: First or Last Name, Email Address, Phone Number
- Plans: Plan Name, TPA Plan ID, Search Text
- Select the results returned in any Search Category by single-clicking the name.
- To include data from Terminated or Inactive sources, click the Gear icon in the upper-right corner of the Search Results grid and click the Edit icon next to the desired category. Use the Show Deactivated/Closed dropdown to include this information.
Plan Cycles top^
Plan Cycles in PensionPro are used to store annual recurring plan information. Plan Cycles can be found by searching for a Plan, double-clicking the Plan Name from the search results and selecting the Plan Cycle tab under Plan Details. To access a specific Plan Cycle, double-click on the appropriate Plan Cycle record from the Plan Cycle tab. This will open the underlying fields within the Plan Cycle.
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Plans, Access Power Tools, Add/Edit Plan Cycles
Plan Cycles can be imported into PensionPro using the Plan Cycle Data Import.
- From the Navigation Panel, click Power Tools > Import > Plan Cycle Data.
- Click the More icon > Download Template button to download an empty template.
- Complete the template.
- In the 'I want to' dropdown menu, choose Import Data.
- Click the Select File button and choose the file to import.
- All successful records will show in the Success Tab while any records that failed to be created will be displayed in the Failed Tab.
Plan Cycles Fields:
The General menu of Plan Cycles is where users can find basic information about the Plan Cycle.
The Filings menu of Plan Cycles is where users can find dates for the various filings and submissions for 5500 information.
The Milestones menu provides information on the high-level events that take place during the Annual Data Collection process.
As Milestones information is entered, users can track that information on the Milestones Dashboard.
The Milestones section of Plan Cycles is available for users on the Milestones dashboard of PensionPro. The high-level events that take place during the annual data collection process of a plan are displayed on this dashboard by Plan Name and Plan Year Period. When users open PensionPro, the screen opens to the Milestones Dashboard.
For information on using and customizing the Milestones Dashboard, please read our article PensionPro 2.0 - Using the Milestones Dashboard.
Once data is entered in PensionPro, users can report on that information. PensionPro has made this easy by providing Reports which are accessible from the Navigation Panel.
Security Rights Required: None
There are many useful reports that are pre-built in PensionPro for users to utilize to assist with reporting needs. Below are brief descriptions of reports found in PensionPro. Please note that not all fields displayed on reports are included on PensionPro Track.
Reports can be accessed by clicking Reports from the Navigation Panel of PensionPro. Users will find that reports are organized into various sections including Contacts, Clients and Companies, Mailing and Labels, Plans, and Management Reports. To access Management Reports, users need the Management Reports Security Right. Users can find more information on specific reports in our article, PensionPro 2.0 - Navigating PensionPro Reports.
Clicking Reporting > Contacts allows the user to select from a list of reports pertaining to Contact data. This section provides reports on contact lists, contacts missing data exception reports and contact investment listing reports.
Clients and Companies
Clicking Reporting > Clients and Companies allows the user to access Client and Company reports. This section contains reports such as client lists, clients missing data exception reports, company addresses and numbers reports. This section also provides reports that detail client to plan links.
Mailing and Labels
The Mailing and Labels section of Reports is accessed by clicking Reporting > Mailing and Labels and it provides exactly as the title suggests. Users can access these reports to print out contact, plan contact and client mailing information.
Users can click Reporting > Plans to choose from a list of reports that pertain to plan information. Users can find reports such as plan lists, plans by employee role, plans by contact role, plans missing data exception reports, plan services, investments, and plan cycle information.
Security Rights Required: Management Reports
The Management Reports section allows managers to effectively report on system and data information. This section is accessed by clicking Reporting > Management Reports and is only accessible if the user has the Management Reports security right. The Management Reports section is comprised of three subsections including Maintenance Reports, Charts and Graphs, Data Export and Metrics. The Maintenance Reports allow managers to report on List Values, security roles, user activity logs, and plan termination to deactivation information. The Charts and Graphs reporting section allows managers to see a chart of the number of plans added per month and various totals. The Data Exports section provides managers with the ability to export their data from PensionPro into organized templates. The Metrics Reports section allows managers to report on plan counts, and plan cycles.
Associated Articles top^
- Adding Employees and Security Rights
- Maintaining List Values
- PensionPro 2.0 - Using the Express Import Tool
- Using the Search Features
- Creating/Maintaining PensionPro Preferences
- Entering and Importing Plan Cycle Data
- Using the Milestones Dashboard
- Navigating PensionPro Reports
- Utilizing the Help Menu and Help Center