The General Web Collection project is designed to notify the client that a data request has been sent to PlanSponsorLink.com, directing them to a secure portal to complete steps and provide required information. This article describes the various preferences that can be edited to tailor the Blast Email and PlanSponsorLink portions of the launched General Web Collection project.
Tier Availability: Essential, Premium, Business
Add-On Availability: PlanSponsorLink
Security Right Required: Maintenance
- General Web Collection Overview
- Blast Email Preferences
- PlanSponsorLink Preferences
- Using the General Web Collection Project
- Frequently Asked Questions
General Web Collection Overview
A General Web Collection project template must first be created. See Working with General Web Collection Templates for more information about designing a General Web Collection project if one has not yet been created.
Simply put, a General Web Collection project consists of three main parts. When a project is launched against a plan, initially, a plan sponsor needs to be notified that the process for collecting information using PlanSponsorLink is available. This is done via Blast Email using the Communications menu or by manually sending an email. Secondly, the plan sponsor completes any questions, receives any deliverables, and uploads any required collection items. Once the plan sponsor approves and submits this information back to the TPA, the TPA finally reviews the submitted information in the Data Collection menu of the project.
Blast Email Preferences
As previously mentioned, plan sponsors need to be notified when the process for collecting information is available to complete on PlanSponsorLink. As Blast Email can be used to complete this, there are a number of preferences that can be edited to reflect what you want the recipient to see. To access these preferences, navigate to Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro. Blast Email preferences for General Web Collection can be edited by selecting General Web Collection from the General menu. Below are the Blast Email preferences that can be edited.
- General Web Collection Email Body: Please enter the default message body here. It will be displayed as the default in any General Web Collection email that users manually send to your clients.
- General Web Collection Email Subject: Please enter the default email subject that should appear in any General Web Collection email that users manually send to your clients.
- General Web Collection Email Role: Select the default plan contact role of which plan contact should be sent General Web Collection emails.
To edit preferences:
- Click the Edit icon to the right of the preference. An Edit Preference pop-up will appear.
- Enter a Description and a Value for the selected preference.
- Click Save when complete.
Plan sponsors who are assigned to complete the General Web Collection do so through PlanSponsorLink. The messages the plan sponsor experiences when completing the web collection on PlanSponsorLink can be edited. Below are the preferences that can be edited and how to do so.
- Questionnaire: This message is displayed at the top of Step 1. Questionnaire page of PlanSponsorLink for clients completing General Web Collection.
- Collection Items: This message is displayed at the top of Step 2. Collection Items page of PlanSponsorLink for clients completing General Web Collection.
- Approval: This message is displayed at the top of Step 3. Approval and Submission page of PlanSponsorLink for clients completing General Web Collection.
To edit these preferences:
- Click Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro.
- Click to expand the Web Steps menu.
- Select General Web Collection.
- Click the Edit icon next to the desired preference. An Edit Preferences pop-up will appear.
- Edit the desired information.
- When complete, click Save.
Using the General Web Collection Project
When the project is launched, it creates an additional Data Collection menu in the project to contain the data and documents requested. It is linked to the entry of information on PlanSponsorLink.com.
The Data Collection Menu contains the following sub-menus holding information:
Questionnaire: This sub-menu displays the questions and the gathered answers from the project. These questions are defined in the template level of a project.
Deliver: This sub-menu displays collection item deliverables related to the project.
- Add/Send a Deliverable:
- From the Project > Data Collection > Deliver sub-menu, click the Add icon. An Add Collection Item Deliverable pop-up will appear.
- Browse to the file that is to be attached.
- Enter a Title and Description for the recipient to see.
- Check the box for Show on PSL.
- Click Save when done.
- The File will appear on PlanSponsorLink within the Collection Items step of the General Web Collection Project.
- Delete a Deliverable:
- From the Project > Data Collection > Deliver sub-menu, hover over a Deliverable record once to highlight it.
- Click the Delete icon and click Yes to confirm.
Collect: This sub-menu displays collection items related to the project.
- When Collection Items are uploaded by the plan sponsor on the Collection Items step of their General Web Collection Project on PlanSponsorLink, the file will appear on the Project > Data Collection > Collect sub-menu in PensionPro.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Deliverables be automatically uploaded from a template? No. Deliverables must be added manually as described above in the Using the General Web Collection Project section.
- Can I edit the Tasks found under the Data Collection Task Grouping of a General Web Collection Project? No. However, users can add additional Task Groupings and Tasks outside of the Data Collection Task Grouping.
- Can deliverables be uploaded to multiple projects globally? No. Deliverables must be uploaded individually. Users can alternatively upload files to a Bulletin on PlanSponsorLink or send Secure File Exchanges to upload a generic document to multiple recipients at once.