To-Dos are items that need to be done only once or not on a regular schedule, such as “Send this client a reminder letter” or “Follow-up with this client concerning data changes.”
Tier Availability: Team, Business
Table of Contents
There are a number of places To-Dos are located within the PensionPro system. Each user has access to the To-Dos dashboard. This is where a user can see any To-Do that is assigned to them and maintain their To-Dos. Should a user have the View Other Dashboards security right, that user can view To-Dos for other employees. For more information on the To-Dos dashboard, click here.
To-Dos can also be found in the To-Dos menu at the Contact, Plan, and Project levels. The functionality of Adding, Editing, and Deleting a To-Do is the same within all of these areas. To-Dos can be created for the User or, with the correct security rights, the User can create To-Dos and assign them to other Users.
- From the Navigation Panel, click on Add Data > To-Dos. A To-Do can also be added in the To-Do Dashboard or from the To-Do tab within any of the areas listed above by clicking on the Add icon.
- The Add To-Do pop-up will appear.
- Enter a Title and complete the desired fields within the menu.
- If the Status is not listed, then one will need to be created in List Values.
- To set the priority, click the dropdown and select either Critical or Normal. If Critical is chosen then the To-Do will appear on the top of the To-Do list with an "!" next to it.
- To-Dos can be a standalone item or linked to a Contact, Opportunity, Plan, Project, Proposal, or Prospect. After the Link to Type is selected another dropdown list will appear. Start typing the name and selections will appear.
- Click Save or Save and Open.
- Clicking Save and Open will open to the To-Do > Home menu.
- Clicking the Comments menu will allow the user to add a comment to the To-Do. To add a Comment, click the Add icon and an Add To-Do Comment pop-up menu will appear. Add the Comment and click Save. Please note that Comments cannot be deleted.
- In the To-Do Dashboard or in the any of the other areas listed above, hover over the To-Do and click the Edit icon.
- The Edit To-Do pop-up menu will appear.
- Edit the desired fields on the menu.
- Click Save.
- To add a comment to the To-Do, double click it to open the To-Do Home menu.
- Click the Comments menu add a comment to the To-Do. To add a Comment, click the Add icon and an Add To-Do Comment pop-up menu will appear. Add the Comment and click Save. Please note that Comments cannot be deleted.
If a user has the Edit Other To-Dos security right, that user can edit another user's To-Dos.
- From the To-Do Dashboard or from the To-Do tab of a Contact, Plan, Project, Opportunity, Prospect, or Proposal, hover a To-Do record to highlight it.
- Click the Delete icon.
- A message asking Are you sure? will appear.
- Click Yes to delete.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a way to delete multiple
To-Dos at one time? There currently is not a Power Tool to delete multiple To-Dos at one time.
- I created a To-Do and linked it to the wrong plan. Can I re-link a To-Do?
Yes. Double-click the To-Do to open it. On the General To-Do Information screen, click the Edit icon. Click the Dropdown to select the correct link and choose the record to link the To-Do to.
- Is there a way to update who is assigned to a To-Do?
There currently isn't a Field Update Power Tool available for To-Dos. Users have to make updates manually for each To-Do.