The population of Employee Plan Roles into PensionPro requires that a pre-formatted excel data sheet be completed for import. This import allows users to create new employee plan role assignments for multiple employees and plans through a single import.
Tier Availability: All Tiers
Security Rights Required: Access Power Tools
Prior to importing Employee Plan Roles, users must have their Employees set up in PensionPro and have their Employee Plan Roles entered as active List Values in PensionPro.
To Import Employee Plan Roles:
- Click Power Tools > Imports > PensionPro Setup > Employee Plan Roles.
- Click the Download a Template button.
- Using the empty template organize and compile the data for import.
- Once the template has been completed, save the template.
- Users can have multiple employee roles on a single plan.
- Users cannot have two different employees assigned the same role on the same plan.
- Import the data sheet in PensionPro by clicking Power Tools > Import > PensionPro Setup > Employee Plan Roles. This will open a new browser tab to the Employee Plan Role Import page.
- Click the Select a Spreadsheet button and select the file for import.
- Click the Upload button to import the data.
- Any errors encountered in importing the data will appear when the data is submitted for Import. Once all data has been scrubbed and the errors corrected, the import will show as completed once processed. All data must be formatted correctly before the import will complete.
- A color-coded Column Legend with instructions. The color-coded columns in the spreadsheet allow the user to see what fields are required, related, recommended, or not required.
Employee Plan Roles Tab
- Required fields: Plan Name, Role Name, and Employee Name
- List Values: Plan Role Name
- *Note: List Values need to be created in Maintenance>List Values before importing data into PensionPro.
Employee List Tab
- Provides a list of Employees from the user's system to assist in completing the Employee Plan Roles tab. This is a reference-only tab and does not need to be edited.
Plan List Tab
- Provides a list of Plans from the user's system to assist in completing the Employee Plan Roles tab. This is a reference-only tab and does not need to be edited.
Employee Plan Role List Tab
- Provides a list of Employee Plan Roles from the user's system to assist in completing the Employee Plan Roles tab. This is a reference-only tab and does not need to be edited.