The Notes menu allows the user to store statements that pertain to a Client, Plan, Contact, or Project, if applicable. Notes can be found when clicking the Notes menu. At the top of the Notes menu, there will be a number indicating the number of notes currently entered. This article will explain how to add, edit, and delete Notes.
Tier Availability: Track, Core, Essential, Premium, Team, Business
Add-On Availability: SalesPitch (for Proposal, Opportunity, and Prospect Notes only)
Security Rights Required: Delete Notes
- Organizing the Notes Grid
- Add, Edit, or Delete a Note
- Frequently Asked Questions
Organizing the Notes Grid
Sorting: To view notes in either Ascending or Descending order, the user can click the Created On column header to filter the results in the grid to be either newest to oldest or oldest to newest.
Filtering: Users can filter data in the Notes grid by clicking on the Filter icon to the right of each column header.
- Click the Filter icon on the column header.
- Select the specific entry or entries for the filter (all items not selected will be hidden from view). When complete, click the Filter button.
Grouping: Users can group column header data to help organize notes.
To group column headers:
- Click and drag a column header into the grey bar that appears above the column headers.
- Users can expand and collapse the grouped column data by clicking the grouped data rows.
Users can remove grouping by clicking the More icon located in the top-right corner of the grid.
Rearrange Column Headers: Users can rearrange column headers to display Note information in the order they prefer. To rearrange column headers, click and drag a column header to the desired location on the grid.
To Add, Edit, or Delete a Note
To allow editing and deletion of Notes the preferences must be enabled. To do this, click Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro and select Data Security from the menu on the left. Click the Edit icon next to the Note Editing Allowed and Allow Deletion of Notes preferences and update the Value to Yes. Click Save.
Once the preferences are updated, use the Search feature to navigate to a Client, Plan, Contact, or Project and click the Notes menu. Notes may also be imported into PensionPro. Click the following link to find more information on Importing Notes.
Add a Note:
- Click the Add icon and an Add Note pop-up window will appear.
- Type a Note in the Note text box and select a Note Category.
- Notes cannot exceed a 2000 character limit.
- If the Note Category is not listed, it can be added as a list value.
- If applicable, mark the Note as Important, which will add a red exclamation point next to the Note and place it at the top of the Notes grid.
- If the Note is entered within a Project, the user can select to have it show on PlanSponsorLink by selecting the Show Note on PSL checkbox.
- These Notes will display within the Data Collection project, as well as the Data Collection Report.
- If the Archived checkbox is selected, then the Note will be removed from the standard Notes grid.
- Click Save when all desired information is entered.
Edit a Note:
Users can edit Notes if the Note Editing Allowed Preference is set to Yes.
- Hover over a Note record to highlight it.
- Click the Edit icon to the right of the Note.
- Update the information and click Save.
Delete a Note:
Users can permanently delete notes if they have the Delete Notes Security Right and the Allow Deletion of Notes Preference is set to Yes. Once a Note is deleted, it cannot be retrieved.
To delete a Note highlight the Note, click the Delete icon, and click Yes to confirm deletion.
Archive a Note:
Users can archive Notes to organize the Notes Grid and hide older Notes.
- Hover over a Note to highlight it.
- Click the Edit icon.
- Select the Archived checkbox.
- Click Save.
To display archived Notes, users can toggle the checkbox for Include Archived at the bottom right corner of the Notes grid.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I have all rights, why can't I delete a Note? The Allow Deletion of Notes preference may be set to No. This is a global preference that overrides the Delete Notes Security Right for an employee. To enable deletion of Notes, click Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro and select Data Security. Click the Edit icon and an Edit Preferences pop-up window will appear. Set the Allow Deletion of Notes Preference to Yes and click Save.
- I have all rights, why can't I edit Notes? The Note Editing Allowed preference may be set to No. This is a global preference that controls all users' ability to edit Notes within PensionPro. To enable Note Editing, click Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro and select Data Security. Click the Edit icon and an Edit Preferences pop-up window will appear. Set the Note Editing Allowed Preference to Yes and click Save.