Three templates have been created to help communicate to clients the roll-out of PlanSponsorLink. They are Sample PlanSponsorLink Website Announcement Template, Sample Census Request Template, and Sample Census Reminder Template. These templates provide an introduction to the product, instructions on how to log in and access the information, and reminders to complete the census information. Refer to the Blast Email Overview article for information on setting up Blast Emails.
Tier Availability: Team, Business
Security Rights Required: Blast Email
Adding a Blast Email Template
- From the Navigation Panel, click Communications > Blast Email.
- Click the Add icon to the right of the Blast Email Templates grid.
- In the Add Blast Email slider menu, add the information. Name, Mailing Type, and Blast Email Category are required fields.
- Users can find more information on Mailing Types in Blast Email Overview.
- Select Use HTML to use HTML-based text and add further detail to Blast Emails.
- Select the From Type.
- This is where users can select who the email is sent from.
- Users can either choose Employee Plan Role and then select a role below, or users can choose Static Email Address and type the address in below.
- For the Employee Plan Role, the Blast Email will be sent from the employee who is assigned to the role for the plan.
- For the static address, the Blast Email will be sent from the static email address entered.
- Note: If an Employee Plan Role is chosen and recipients are not populating as intended, verify that the employee plan role is in fact associated with the Plan intended to send the Blast Email to).
- Click Save.
Editing or Inserting Text within the Subject & Body Tab
- Double-click the new Blast Email Template from the Blast Email Templates grid.
- Click the Subject & Body tab.
- Click the Edit icon and type or insert text in the Subject or Body fields.
- For more information on Using HTML, review Blast Email Overview.
- Users can add Merge Fields from the Merge Fields grid to the right of the Blast Email Message Body or on the HTML Editor tool.
- Click Save.
Using the Attachments Tab
The purpose of this tab is to upload and configure files that will be attached to the Blast Email when users send them. A file can be uploaded by:
- Click the Add icon. An Add Bulk Email Attachment pop-up will appear.
- Click the file browser icon next to File to locate the file to be uploaded. Attach the file from the browser.
- Add a title and a description of the Attachment.
- The maximum amount that is allowed on one email is 2,000 KB or 2MB.
- Click Save.
The purpose of this tab is to determine who will be receiving the Blast Email by filtering down to only those who should receive the blast. Filters can be added in the Filtering grid by clicking the Edit icon and selecting the Add new rule button.
- Data Filters: By clicking the Add new rule button, users will create a new Data Filter to put limits on how much data will be displayed. The first dropdown allows the user to select the piece of information they would like to filter on. The second dropdown allows users to determine what conditions they would like to put on the filter. The third and final field will contain the value with which the user would like to apply the filter. Example: Selecting First Name + Is Equal To + Bob will filter the recipients to find only accounts with a recipient with first name “Bob.”
- Using Communication Lists
- Communication Lists allow users to organize a list of contacts that receive certain Blast Emails. When users launch a Blast Email, the communication List can be selected as a filter to streamline the recipients list for the Blast Email.
- Users can select to display a Communication List as a filter selection on the Blast Email Recipients tab:
- Click the Add new rule button.
- Navigate to the Contacts section within the dropdown.
- Select Contacts - Communication List.
- Select the desired communication list from the Value dropdown.
Recipients are populated based on the type of blast email, along with the filtering applied. Contacts missing an email address on their Contact Details screen will not appear in the Blast Email Recipients List.
The review tab provides a high level overview of the action details. This tab allows users to quickly review the Blast Email information prior to sending the blast. After reviewing the action details, the user can send the blast or send a test to themselves first.
- Send Test Email: The purpose of this option is to send an example email to any email address the user intends. When the user clicks the button to send a test email, the To Address will be populated with the email tied to the user's account, but the user may change it. Users can also set any number of test emails they would like to send the blast to. By clicking SEND TEST EMAIL, the resulting email should have all of the text and applied effects, the merge fields populated by the Top recipients that were selected, and the CC removed. The email address that was entered in the pop-up window will be used to override the To Address. Sending a test Blast Email 5 times will take the top 5 recipients selected, use them to fill in the merge fields on each of the emails, and send each one to the email address the user-defined in the slider.
- Send the Blast Email: Once the email has been completed and is ready to be sent, click the SEND BLAST EMAIL button, and the emails will be sent to the recipients and any CC’s that were selected to be included. The progress bar will show the progress of the emails as they are being sent. Once the emails have been sent a Success Message will display. If there were any errors while sending, those errors will appear for review.
The final tab, Finish, is where the user can review the Blast Email Details for the blast that has been sent. This tab will include the number of recipients selected, number of emails sent and number of emails that failed to send. Clicking the Start Over button in the bottom left will take the user back to the Information tab.