A plan sponsor has two ways to reset a password. The first would be to click the Forgot password? link on the login screen for PlanSponsorLink (PSL). The user will get an email with a temporary password that they will need to change when they login. The other is the Set Password feature located on the Contact Details screen in PensionPro.
Tier Availability: Track, Core, Essential, Premium, Team, Business
Add-On Availability: PlanSponsorLink
Security Rights Required: Manage Contact Security
- Register as a First Time User
- Set Password from the PlanSponsorLink Login Page
- Set Password Link from the Contact Details
Register as a First Time User
For contacts that have not registered as a first time user before, they must do so prior to resetting a password.
- Open a browser to the PlanSponsorLink site (https://xxx.plansponsorlink.com).
- Click the First Time User? link.
- Enter the Email address of the contact in the text field.
- Click Submit.
Set Password from the PlanSponsorLink Login Page
- In a web browser, enter the URL for PlanSponsorlink.com (https://xxx.plansponsorlink.com).
- If you are a new user, click on the First Time User? link on the login screen and enter the email address and click Submit.
- If you are a current user, click on the Forgot Password? and enter the email address in the Username field and click Submit.
- The user will receive an email with a temporary password from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Users who do not receive an email should check their deleted or spam folders first, then have their IT department whitelist emails from email@example.com.
- Copy the temporary password from the email and carefully paste it into the Password field of the login screen. Enter the email address in the Username field and click Sign In.
- A trailing space can often cause the password to not function.
- Do not click the Forgot Password link again. Doing so will reset the previously sent temporary password and a new one will be sent.
- Users will be required to change their password upon login.
- Passwords must be a minimum of 8 characters, no spaces and contain at least 3 of the following 4 items: an uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, number or symbol (~!@$%^&*)
Set Password Link from the Contact Details
- In the Search bar, enter in the Contact's name.
- In the Contacts section, select the Contact's name.
- At the top-right of the General Information grid, click the More icon.
- The contact must be registered as a First Time User for the Set Password option to appear in the menu.
- Select Set Password.
- Carefully Copy and Paste the password and then click Save.
- Make sure to click Save so that temporary password is saved.
- An email will not be sent when the password is reset. So please make sure to either verbally or through email communicate the password to the PlanSponsorLink user.