As users work on a Project Task, a number of things can occur. Due dates can be pushed back, clients can be non-responsive, or forms need to be filed and accepted. This can change aspects of a Task and it may be important to document this information. Furthermore, if Tasks get assigned to another employee, it may be helpful to display that information so another employee can be aware of where the Task was left. Users can edit Task Summary information to help document that knowledge. Editing Task Summary information allows users to change due dates, follow-up dates, categorization of the Task, and even the Task status.
Tier Availability: Essential, Premium, Business
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Project
Note: Tabs and fields will vary depending on the tier the user is on.
Edit Task Summary Information
The Task Status, Category, and Follow-Up Date fields can be accessed from the Task-level of a launched project. Once the user browses to the Task Item level of a project, the user can click the Summary tab to view the Task Summary information.
Edit Summary Information
- From the Task > Task Item > Summary tab, click the Edit icon.
- On the Edit Task pop-up that appears, users can make changes to the following:
- Due Date
- The Due Date is the date the Task is Due to be completed.
- The user must have the Alter Due Dates Security Right to edit this field.
- The Task Due Date cannot exceed the Project Due Date.
- Assigned To
- The Assigned To field displays the name of the employee the Task is currently assigned to.
- To assign the Task to a different employee, use the dropdown to select the desired employee's name.
- The Worktray field displays the Worktray the Task is currently assigned to.
- If the Task is not assigned to a Worktray, this field will be blank.
- To assign the Task to a Worktray, use the dropdown to select the desired Worktray.
- Follow-Up Date
- The Follow-Up Date is a reference field the user can update to track when they should follow-up on this Task.
- To add a Follow-Up Date, enter a date in the date field or click the calendar to select a date.
- The Category field allows the user to categorize the Task.
- To add a Task Category, select a Category from the Category dropdown.
- Category is a List Value. For more information on List Values and how to update them please review Maintaining List Values.
- Examples may include: Compliance Testing, Forms to be Filed and Accepted, or Client Outreach.
- Task Status
- The Task Status field allows the user categorize the status of the Task in a customizable way to document more information about the status of the Task.
- To add a Task Status, select a Task Status from the dropdown menu.
- Task Status is a List Value. For more information on List Values and how to update them please review Maintaining List Values.
- Examples may include: Client Call Scheduled, Waiting for Client Response, or Project on Hold.
- The Event field displays the Event the Task is currently linked to.
- To update the Event linked to the Task, use the dropdown menu to select the desired Event.
- The Event must already be created in order to appear in the dropdown as a selection.
- Due Date
- Click Save.
Each of these fields can be selected as an available column on Dashboards or Worktrays for reference. Blast Email also includes these fields as merge fields under Tasks when filtering on the Recipients tab.
Note: Setting a Task Status to 'Completed' or 'Complete' will not complete the Task and activate the next Task in the project. This is a reference only field and does not affect the completion of the Task.
Adding the Task Summary Fields to the Dashboard or Worktray
To add the new fields to the Dashboard and to permanently save the customized view, follow the steps below.
- Click the Columns icon located in the upper right corner of the My Tasks or Worktray Dashboards. A column selection box will appear.
- In the column selection box will be a selection of available columns to add, subtract or reorder on the dashboard. Select the checkbox next to the desired available column from the list and click Apply.
- To remove a column, click the Columns icon located in the upper right corner and de-select the desired column and click Apply.
- To change the order in which the columns are displayed on the Dashboard, simply drag and drop the column header to the desired location.