Pulling data into PensionPro is made fast and easy with PensionPro’s import features! Users can fill out a series of import templates to import their datasets into PensionPro. This way data is clean, scrubbed and ready for import.
Tier Availability: All Product Tiers
Below are lists of primary and tertiary data import templates users can utilize to bring their data into PensionPro. The imports are organized by the order they should be imported in. To help prioritize a user’s goals when importing, the grids below also include a description of what each import is required for.
Some imports may not be available in every product tier.
*The Express Import is available for users that have a smaller amount of data to convert. This import takes the place of the Primary Data imports as well as parts of the Investment Provider and Employer Data import templates. Please note that the Express Import template does not import to the level of detail of the separate import templates.
Links to Imports
- Clients and Plans serve as the foundation that all other imported data will link to. A Client is the Plan Sponsor which links to any applicable Plans. Clients can be linked to multiple Plans while a Plan can only be linked to a single Client record.
- Employee Plan Roles
- Employee Plan Roles are the assignments employees fill when servicing a plan. Examples may include “Administrator,” “Billing Specialist,” or “Distribution Processor.” Employee Plan Roles can be found on the People>Role Tab of a Plan.
- Users can track contact information such as email, address, number and referral information for Contacts in PensionPro by creating contact records in PensionPro. Contacts can later be assigned roles for Plans.
- Plan Contact Roles
- Plan Contact Roles are plan contact assignments used in communications to clients and referral sources. A contact may fill several of the roles or even all. Examples might be “Investment Advisor,” “Payroll Contact”, “Accountant”, “Billing Contact” or “Main Contact.”
- Employer Data
- Employer Data tracks firm and ownership information for the Client such as EIN, Fiscal Year End, Payroll Frequency, Principals, Family Relationships, and Ownership information. Employer Data records are typically created for each plan year for the Client.
- Investment Provider Data
- Users can track Investment information for Plans such as Provider, Direction, Contract Numbers, Investment Model, and 1099 Responsibility. The Investment Provider Import template allows users to import this information so it appears on the Investments tab of a Plan Record. Plans can have multiple Investment Provider records.
- Document Specifications
- PensionPro provides users the ability to import and maintain Plan Document Specifications for any Plan maintained in the system that is not indicated as an Internal Plan. Users can create customized templates to only track the Plan Document items that are important to them.
- Prior Year Census Data
- Users can import prior year census information into initial Annual Administration projects against multiple period end dates. Once the data is imported, the census information will roll forward when a new Annual Administration Web Collection project is created for the following plan year.
- Services Provided
- Users can track all the services they provide for their plans on the Services Provided tab on Plan Details. The Services Provided Import Power Tool allows the population of multiple Services Provided for multiple plans at the same time.
- Client Notes
- Should users need to import historical notes for multiple Client records, the Client Notes import allows users to import multiple notes for multiple Clients at a single time to make that process fast and easy.
- Plan Notes
- Should users need to import historical notes for multiple Plan records, the Plan Notes import allows users to import multiple notes for multiple Plans at a single time to make that process fast and easy.
- Plan Cycles
- Plan Cycles in PensionPro are used to store annual recurring plan information such as plan assets, participant count information, Form 5500 filing information and compliance test results. Plan Cycle fields may appear different in the Track and Team product tiers.
- Express Import
- The Express Import is available for users that have a smaller amount of data to convert. This import takes the place of the Primary Data imports as well as parts of the Investment Provider and Employer Data import templates. Please note that the Express Import template does not import to the level of detail of the separate import templates.