Once data has been imported into PensionPro, users can begin learning the basic system features of PensionPro. Users can find Data Conversion information in Module 2: Data Conversion should they need to revert for additional imports. This article serves as a roadmap to utilizing each of the basic features of PensionPro.
Tier Availability: All Product Tiers
Below is a grid listing each of the basic features of PensionPro. Users can find what data is required before each feature can be properly utilized. The tier availability for each feature is also listed as some features may not be available in every product tier.
For more information regarding each feature, please click the links below:
- Application Menu
- The application menu is the grey bar that appears across the top of any screen in PensionPro. This menu is the home to many different functions in PensionPro.
- Security Rights
- Security Rights control what features employees can control in PensionPro and what kinds of data they have access to. Users can control a multitude of items for their employees using security rights.
- After importing data, all Plan, Contact, and Client data is stored securely in one central location. Imported data is easily added, edited, as well as reported on when necessary. The hierarchy of data in PensionPro begins with the Client, then moves to the Plans that are added for the Client, then Projects are launched against the Plans. Contacts may be added to stand alone, or they can be added against Plans.
- To-Dos are items that need to be done only once or not on a regular schedule, such as “Send this client a reminder letter” or “Follow-up with this client concerning data changes.”
- Blast Email
- Blast Email can be used to send one email template to multiple contacts in the system based on the email type. Here users can send out requests for census information, data collection, alerts for new information, and send mass emails for many other applications.
- PensionPro has made reporting on data fast and easy. Users can find prebuilt reports on the Reports menu in PensionPro. Reports are organized by data type to make finding reports easy. In each report, there are filters which allow for more streamlined reporting. Reports can then be exported to a multitude of formats.
- Dashboards are the main screen in PensionPro where a user can see various information related to their firm’s plans and projects. Dashboard tabs will vary from tier to tier. Here, users can utilize these dashboards to view uncompleted tasks, manage sales leads, To-Dos, Milestones, or manage workloads.
- Milestones in PensionPro list the high-level events that take place during the Annual Data Collection process. The Milestones Dashboard pulls the data from Plan Cycles, which displays the annual plan events by Plan ID and period. This Dashboard provides users with a snapshot of annual ‘milestones’ for multiple plans across multiple plan years.
- Fee Schedules
- Fees in PensionPro are a great way for employees to see what the fee structure for a client is currently. Fees also allow the user to see historical fee schedules for a plan as well.
- Time Tracking
- Time tracking in PensionPro is available to users so time can be evaluated to see where more time should be allotted or where too much time may be spent. Users can time track the work they have done by logging the time spent against Time Codes. These Time Codes can be customized and created to best represent what their firm specifically does.
- Worktrays allow users to reassign project tasks and move to different teams as needed. PensionPro allows users to view active tasks and assign work to other members of a team in a single Worktray dashboard. Just like the other Dashboards in the system, this view can be customized.