This article covers how one would add a file to a plan. Adding files to plans enables users to maintain plan-related documents in one location. When there are two or more team members working on a plan, adding files allows everyone in the team to view the same information.
Tier Availability: Essential, Team, Premium, Business
Add-on Availability: PlanSponsorLink
Security Rights Required: None to Add Files. To delete files, user must have the Delete Documents Right.
There are several types of files that can be added to plans. Legal Plan Files, Administrative Files, and Fiduciary Files. Each file type offers different document labels that can be selected from a dropdown menu when adding a file to a plan. The file types are list values that can be created by a user. For more information on list values, refer to the “Maintaining List Values” article.
Legal Plan Files: Legal Plan Files allow users to add legal documents to a Plan in PensionPro. Examples may include Safe Harbor Notices, Valuation Reports, etc.
Administrative Files: Administrative Files allow users to add forms related to the general administration of a plan. File examples for Administrative Files include a Beneficiary Form, Hardship Form, or Withdrawal Form.
Fiduciary Files: Fiduciary Files allow users to include documents connected to fiduciary responsibilities in a plan. Examples of fiduciary documents include Fiduciary Minutes, Fund Performance Report, and Portfolio Performance Reports.
To Add a File:
Plan Files are found by clicking the Files tab of the Plan Details screen for a plan.
- On the Plan Details screen, click the Files Tab
- Select the File Type by clicking the Legal Plan Files, Administrative Forms, or Fiduciary Files tabs to the left of the screen.
- Click the Add button on the right-hand side, a slider will appear.
- Click the File browser button to the right of the File field.
- Select the file from the directory.
- Click Open.
- Click the dropdown bar to the right of Type field and select a File Type.
- Users can add a brief description and other descriptive information. This information is not required.
- In the description field, enter a text description that will appear in the grid.
- Click the Calendar button to the right of the Effective Date to select an effective date of the file.
- Place a checkmark in the “Mark as accessed” box if the file should appear as having been viewed by the plan sponsor.
- Users can add an “Accessed Date” to indicate the date the plan sponsor viewed the file.
- Check the box for “Show on PSL” to have the form show on PlanSponsorLink for this plan.
- Check the box for “Archived” if the file should not appear on the active grid.
- Click Save.
Notes on Adding Files:
When adding a file, the file cannot be open on the user’s machine. Having the file open during upload will prompt an error message.
File Types that cannot be added:
File size is capped to 2GB.
Editing a Plan File
Users may need to perform minor updates to a Plan File and therefore need to edit an existing details slider. Additionally, if another user has accessed or made changes to a document, then that user should update the Mark as Accessed and Access Date of the Plan.
To edit Plan File Details:
- Click once on the Plan File once to highlight it. This will enable the Edit button in the right-hand corner of the grid.
- Click the Edit button.
- Enter the appropriate changes.
- Click Save.
Deleting a Plan File
Security Rights Required: Delete Documents
Users may need to remove an outdated or unusable Plan File. Note, deleting a Plan File removes it from the Plan entirely.
To delete a Plan File:
- Click once on the Plan File to highlight it. This will enable the Delete button in the right-hand corner of the grid.
- Click the Delete button.
- A prompt will ask “Are you sure?” Click “Yes”.
- The Plan File has been deleted.