The initial population of Investment Provider data into PensionPro requires that a pre-formatted excel data sheet be completed for import. Users can track Investment information for Plans such as Provider, Direction, Contract Numbers, Investment Model, and 1099 Responsibility. The Investment Provider Import template allows users to import this information so it appears on the Investments tab of a Plan Record.
Tier Availability: All Tiers
Security Rights Required: Access Power Tools
Prior to importing Investment Provider data, any List Values entered on the import template must be created as active List Values in PensionPro with no trailing spaces.
To Import Investment Provider Data:
- Click on Power Tools > Imports > PensionPro Setup > Investment Providers.
- Click on the Download a Template button.
- Using the empty template organize and compile the data for import.
- The column names found within the template should not be edited, otherwise, the import will not function.
- Confirm records are not duplicated on the template. The import will duplicate records.
- Users can copy the Plan Name into another row and enter other Investment Provider data if the Plan has more than one provider.
- Import the data sheet in PensionPro by clicking on Power Tools > Import > PensionPro Setup > Investment Providers. This will open a browser to the Investment Providers Import page.
- Click on the Select a Spreadsheet button and select the file for import.
- Click on the Upload button to import the data.
- Any errors encountered in importing the data will appear when the data is submitted for Import. Once all data has been scrubbed and the errors corrected, the import will show as completed once processed. All data must be formatted correctly before the import will complete.
- A color-coded Column Legend with instructions. The color-coded columns in the spreadsheet allow the user to see what fields are required, related, recommended, or not required.
- This tab should not be deleted prior to import. Doing so will cause the import to not function correctly.
- Required fields: Plan ID, Plan Name, and Investment Provider Name
- List Values: Investment Provider Name, Investment Direction, Investment Model, Data Collection Source, 1099 Responsibility, Transfer Status, Distribution Processor, Revenue Sharing Type, Fee Disclosure Type, and Vesting Submission.
- Note: List Values need to be created in Maintenance > List Values before importing data into PensionPro.
- Column headers should not be edited or deleted prior to importing. This will cause the import to not function properly.
Checklist to avoid errors upon import:
- All required fields are entered.
- Plan ID and Plan Names match Plan records previously entered in PensionPro.
- All List Values entered on the template are entered as List Values in PensionPro without trailing spaces.
- Contract or Account # entries are 25 characters or less.
- Archived entries marked "Yes" have a date in the Terminated or End Date field.
- Asset Based Revenue Percentage entries are in number format.
- Remove duplicate entries as import will bring over duplicates if entered.
- Investment Provider records were not previously entered in PensionPro.