The initial population of data into PensionPro requires that a pre-formatted excel data sheet be completed for import. The column names found within the template should not be edited, otherwise, the import will not function. This information can only be imported once, so make sure that the data is accurate and complete.
Tier Availability: All Tiers
Security Rights Required: Access Power Tools
To import Investment Provider Data:
- Click on Power Tools > Imports > PensionPro Setup > Investment Providers.
- Click on the Download a Template button.
- Using the empty template organize and compile the data for import.
- Import the data sheet in PensionPro by clicking on Power Tools > Import > PensionPro Setup > Investment Providers. This will open a browser to the Investment Providers Import page.
- Click on the Select a Spreadsheet button and select the file for import.
- Click on the Upload button to import the data.
- Any errors encountered in importing the data will appear when the data is submitted for Import. Once all data has been scrubbed and the errors corrected, the import will show as completed once processed. All data must be formatted correctly before the import will complete.
- A color coded Column Legend with instructions. These color-coded columns in the spreadsheet(s) allow the user to see what fields are required, related, recommended, or not required.
- This tab should not be deleted prior to import.
- Required fields: Plan ID, Plan Name, and Investment Provider Name
- List Values: Investment Provider Name, Investment Direction, Investment Model, Data Collection Source, 1099 Responsibility, Transfer Status, Distribution Processor, Revenue Sharing Type, Fee Disclosure Type, and Vesting Submission.
- Note: List Values need to be created in Maintenance > List Values before importing data into PensionPro.
- Column headers should not be edited or deleted prior to importing. This will cause the import to not function.