Prior to importing contact data, all List Values entered in the template should be created as active List Values in PensionPro with no trailing spaces. Note: Importing contact data will not overwrite existing information in the system. Importing additional contact information merely imports the new data. Prior data is untouched.
To Import Contact Data:
- Click on Power Tools > Import > PensionPro Setup > Contacts.
- Click on the Download a Template button.
- Using the empty template, organize and compile the data for import.
- Do not edit or delete any of the column headers in the template. It will cause the import to not function properly.
- New columns cannot be added to bring over additional fields.
- Ignore the Plan ID and Type of Plan Contact fields. These are to assign Plan Contact Roles. The user can separately use the Plan Contact Role Import Power Tool to assign new Plan Contact Roles for multiple contacts and plans at one time.
- Save the template once it has been completed.
- To import the completed template, click on Power Tools > Import > PensionPro Setup > Contacts. This will open the browser to the Contact Import page.
- Click on the Select a spreadsheet button and select the file for import.
- Click on the Upload button to import the data.
- Any errors encountered in importing the data will appear when the data is submitted for Import. Once all data has been scrubbed and the errors corrected, the import will show as completed once processed. All data must be formatted correctly before the import will complete.
Note: The system will not allow for duplicate emails. An existing contact record cannot have an email that is identical to another. PensionPro will allow for only 1 email to be notated in the system.
- The Instructions tab is a color-coded Column Legend with instructions for filling out the import template. The color-coded columns in the spreadsheet allow the user to see what fields are required, related, recommended, or not required.
- The Instructions tab should not be edited or deleted prior to importing the template. It will cause the import to not function properly.
- Required fields: First Name, Last Name, Contact Preference, Status, Active
- List Values: Address Type, Contact Number Type, Contact Profession, Contact Preference, Grouping, Category, Status, Note Category, and Broker Dealer (if using SalesPitch).
Checklist to avoid errors when importing:
- Ignore the Plan ID and Type of Contact fields.
- All entries for fields that are List Values are entered in the appropriate List Value List Type in PensionPro with no trailing spaces.
- All required fields are entered.
- The value in the Company Name field is the firm the contact works for.
- The value in the Company Name field matches the Client Name record entered in PensionPro where applicable.
- Addresses are complete (Address 1, City, State, Zipcode are all entered for a complete address).
- Address State is entered in two-letter abbreviation for the state.
- Addresses are not foreign.
- Accountant, Attorney, Auditor, Custodian, Investment Provider, Payroll Partner, Record Keeper, Referral Source, Third Party Administrator, and Trustee are all in the Yes/No format if entered.
- If no Company Name is entered, Number is Personal must be marked "Yes."
- Phone Number entries are complete and contain only numbers.
- Email Address field contains a single, complete email address if entered.
- Email Addresses are not shared between any two contact records.
- Active is entered as either "Yes" or "No" for each contact record.
- If Note Text is entered, it is less than 2000 characters.
- If SalesPitch is enabled, the green column headers have values.