Using the Search Feature allows a user to find information quickly and easily in both PensionPro and SalesPitch.
Tier Availability: Track, Core, Team, Essential, Premium, Business
Add-On Availability: SalesPitch
Security Rights Required: PensionPro searches require no security rights. SalesPitch searches require the Access SalesPitch security right.
Note: Tabs and fields will vary depending on the tier the user is on.
Where can you search?
- In the Search box, located in the upper right-hand corner.
- The Search tab located to the right of the Dashboard tab.
The search results will be displayed on the Search Dashboard under the following Categories:
- Projects (Essential, Premium, and Business Tiers Only)
- Distributions (Premium and Business Tiers Only)
- Prospects (SalesPitch Only)
- Opportunities (SalesPitch Only)
- Proposals (SalesPitch Only)
The Search Dashboard display can be customized to show only the categories desired. Customize the view by clicking the Search Categories drop down on the right-hand side of the Search Tab and clicking on a category to select or deselect it.
- In the Search box or in the Search tab enter at least three characters (Alpha and numeric). If more than three characters are entered it will lessen the number of records returned.
- The search feature will return matching data from the following fields:
- Company: Company Name
- Client: Client Name, Client ID, Search Text
- Plan: Plan Name, TPA Plan ID, Search Text
- Contacts: Full Name, Company Name, Email Address, Phone Number
- Projects: Plan Name,
- Distributions: Full Name, the last four digits of the SSN, Plan Name
- Prospects: Name
- Opportunities: Name
- Proposals: Name
- Select the results returned in any Search Category by double clicking on the name.
- To included data from Terminated, Inactive, Completed, or Closed sources, click the gear button to the right of the Search Category header and check the box to expand the search to include this information.
If the user enters a very small number of characters or text, the returned results might be very large and lengthen the amount of time it takes for the search to finish. It is best to type as many characters as possible to limit the search results.
Custom Search Text for Clients and Plans:
Search Text fields are available on both the Client and Plan Home tabs, and are included in any search results. If a client or plan changes names, add the old name into the Search Text field, and if searched on, will appear in the results.
Emailing from the Search Screen:
Send an email to a contact directly from the Search results screen:
- Search for the desired contact. The contact name should appear in the Search Results.
- Highlight the contact from the search results.
- Click on the envelope button to the right of the Contacts Category header. An email with the contact’s email address will appear from the users default email application.
Important note: If a new employee is added to PensionPro and only contact results are received when searching, make sure the employee has been assigned to a Location.