The Global Employee Census Power Tool is the same function as the importing of a census file into an annual administration project but on a global scale. This will import census information into projects against multiple period end dates. Mapping is based on the TPA Plan ID and Project Period End Date.
Tier Availability: Essential, Premium, Business
Security Rights Required: Access Power Tools,
Prior to importing census information for plans, an Annual Administration Project must be launched against the plan.
Global Employee Census Import
- From the Power Tools Menu select Import > Global Employee Census. This Power Tool is equipped with a data sheet for populating.
- Select how to import the census information by choosing a selection from the Import By dropdown menu.
- Click on the Export button to export a blank data sheet with pre-filled headers.
- Paste the data extracted from the administration system into this worksheet file or create a data export with the same headers and formatting for import.
- The Plan Identifier, Participant First Name, Participant Last Name, and Project Period End are required fields.
- The tab containing census information must be titled "Employees"
- Once completed, click on the file browser button and then select the data file to be imported. This file must be a spreadsheet with a .xls or .xlsx extension.
If the import is successful, the Success tab will indicate the number of records that have been imported. The Failed tab will display the details of any imports that have failed to be uploaded.
If any errors are received, the user must correct them before reattempting this import process.
- Import By: Select either TPA Plan ID or Plan Name for the import file.
- Employee File: Select the file to import with the browser icon and it will be displayed in this box.
- Import Button: Click this button to import in the attached employee census file.
- I imported my census data and the values for a collection field are appearing blank after the census was imported. Why aren't these populating in PensionPro? In order for the data to import, the column headers for collection field on the import template must directly match the Field Description Display Name for the collection fields in PensionPro. Users can confirm the Field Description display names by clicking Maintenance > Preferences and clicking the Field Descriptions tab. If the column header on the import template does not directly match that Field Description Display Name, it will not import that information.
- I am trying to importing an Employee Census file using Global Employee Census Import. I am getting an error "Missing required value for TPA Plan Id or Period Ending" Both of these items are on the file for every record, so I can't figure out why it's not importing. Click on and highlight the first blank row at the bottom of the template. Once highlighted, hold down the Shift + End keys on the keyboard and click the Down arrow on the keyboard. This should highlight all blank rows in the template. Right-click the last row and delete those rows. Re-save the template and retry the import. Sometimes there is a space in the import template on a blank row that won't allow the import to process.