Looking for the Web version of this article?
Worktrays allow the user to view active tasks and assign work to other members of a team from a single dashboard.
Tier Availability: Premium, Business
Security Rights Required: None
Note: Some items may not be available in all tiers.
- Setup a Team/Worktray in PensionPro
- Assigning Tasks to Worktrays
- Accessing a Worktray
- Reassigning a Task
- Assigning Multiple Tasks to Another Team Member
- Printing Worktray Tasks
Worktrays can be used to help organize a firm’s workload. Teams are used for assigning tasks to a Worktray.
Setup a Team/Worktray in PensionPro
- Click Maintenance > Team Information.
- Click the Add button next to the Team Name dropdown menu to create a new Team/Worktray. An Add/Edit Team Name popup should appear.
- Enter the Name of the Team/Worktray and click Save.
- Click the Add button to the far right of the Team Members grid to add new Team Members to the Team/Worktray.
- When the Add/Edit Team Member popup appears, use the dropdown menus to add Employees to the Team as either a Team Member or Team Leader.
- Click Save when complete.
- Team members can view tasks in the Worktray and assign tasks to themselves.
- Team leaders can assign or reassign tasks to other members of the team.
Assigning Tasks to Worktrays
Assigned tasks will appear in a Worktray when projects are launched. Task assignment to a Worktray is done in the Project Template, but can be assigned after a Project is launched through Power Tools.
To assign a Task to a Worktray as part of the Project Template
- Click on Maintenance > Templates in the Application menu.
- Choose a template type from the drop-down.
- Double-click on the template that is to be edited.
- Double-click on the appropriate Task Grouping to open the list of Tasks.
- Click on the Edit button on the Task that is to be assigned to a Worktray
- In the Worktray dropdown select the name of the Worktray.
- Click Save to Complete.
Note: The Task can be assigned to an Employee Role and a Worktray. If it is assigned to an Employee Role at Task activation, then it will be included on the Employee’s dashboard, as well as the Worktray. However, the assignment to an employee can also be done from the Worktray.
To assign a Task using Power Tools
The Project/Tasks Power Tool allows Tasks or Worktrays to be reassigned. Task and Worktray Assignments can also be removed using this Power Tool.
- Click on Power Tools > Projects > Project/Task Assignments from the Application Menu.
- In the “I want to” dropdown choose whether to Reassign Task, Remove Task Assignment, Reassign Worktray, or Remove Worktray Assignment.
- In the Reassign to dropdown choose to whom the Project, Task or Worktray should be reassigned.
- Results can be filtered further by clicking on the Options button on the right-hand side.
- Select the Refresh button to refresh the screen to display the List for Assigned to Changes and select the desired Plans. All Plans can be selected by clicking on the checkbox in the far left of the header.
- Click on the Reassign tab (This may read Remove Assignment if Remove Task Assignment was chosen), located to the right of the Select Project/Tasks tab.
- Click on the Unlock button and then the Execute button.
- The Completed tab will show the details of the updates that were successful. The Failed tab will display the details of the updates that failed to be executed and the reason for the failure.
Accessing a Worktray
- After selecting the Dashboard tab, the user can find their Worktrays tab displayed. Worktrays are divided into Teams that the user a member of.
- To select a different Worktray, click on the Team Worktray dropdown. This will display a list of all the teams for which the user is a member or leader.
- The user can view All Worktrays in a single view by selecting All in the Team Worktray dropdown. To view how to customize the dashboard view click here.
- Once a Team is chosen from the dropdown, a list of all Tasks in that Worktray will appear.
- New items that have been added Worktray will be displayed with an orange “New” to the left of the Task.
Note: Clicking on the Options button in the My Tasks Dashboard and Worktrays Dashboard now allows users to select and display Task Status, Task Category and Follow-Up Date as field columns.
Team Members and Team Leaders can reassign Task items to themselves or other Team Members.
Reassigning a Task
- From the Worktrays Dashboard, select the Team Worktray that is appropriate from the dropdown menu.
- Click once on the Task to highlight it and then click on the Edit button.
- A Reassign Task slider menu will appear.
- In the Reassign To dropdown, users can reassign Tasks to themselves by selecting their name.
- To reassign the Task to other Team Members, the user must be a Team Leader on the Worktray.
- To reassign all Tasks in this Project that assigned to this Team/Worktray to the selected employee, check the box to reassign those Tasks when they are activated.
- Click Save when complete.
Assigning multiple Tasks to another Team Member
- From the Worktrays Dashboard, click on each individual Task while pressing the Ctrl key on the keyboard.
- Once the Tasks have been selected, click on the Edit button.
- Select the employee from the Reassign To dropdown and click Save.
Printing Worktray Tasks
- Click on Reports > Projects > Worktray Tasks.
- In the filters select Location, Plan Type, Project Type, Project Name, Plan End, and Worktray from the appropriate filter dropdown menus.
- Click View Report.
- This report can be exported by clicking on the Export button located above the grid. Various file formats are available for export.