There are many Dashboards located throughout PensionPro's products. Although they are referred to by different names and contain different types of information, Dashboards in PensionPro have similar and consistent functionality. Dashboards can get busy and full during high volume times and each user may have a preference for viewing information on the Dashboard. PensionPro provides easy management on busy Dashboards by allowing customizable views for each user.
Software Required: Track, Core, Team, Essential, Premium, Business
Add-Ons Required: SalesPitch (For Scoreboard Dashboard Only)
Security Rights Required: Access SalesPitch (For Scoreboard Dashboard Only)
Below is a list of the Dashboard Availability by Software Tier. All users can sort, filter, group and customize their Dashboard(s) by following the instructions below. In addition, users with SalesPitch have access to the Scoreboard Dashboard. The Scoreboard is a Dashboard for shared work and sales functions.
- Dashboard Availability
- Reordering Column Display
- A to Z Sorting of the Dashboard Columns
- Filtering the Dashboard Columns
- Grouping the Dashboard Columns
- Customizing Columns Displayed on the Dashboard
- Customizing Displayed Columns in the Milestones Dashboard
- Show Completed in the To-Dos Dashboard
- Refreshing the Dashboard
- Frequently Asked Questions
Core - To-Dos
Track - Milestones
Team - Milestones, To-Dos
Essential - My Tasks, To-Dos, Management
Premium - My Tasks, Worktrays, To-Dos, Management
Business - My Tasks, Worktrays, To-Dos, Management
Reordering Column Display
To change the order of appearance of the columns on the Dashboard:
- Click on the column header to drag the column left or right and drop it at the desired location.
- Columns will remain in the changed order until the user logs out of the system.
A to Z Sorting of the Dashboard Columns
To sort any of the columns appearing on a dashboard:
- Click on the header of the row once for ascending order.
- Click on the header again for descending order.
- Click on the header a third time to clear the A-Z Sorting.
- Columns will remain in the sorted order until the user logs out of the system.
Filtering the Dashboard Columns
Users can filter the information displayed under the headers of a Dashboard. To filter by any column heading on the dashboard:
- Click the filter button on the column header.
- Select the specific entry or entries for the filter (all items not selected will be hidden from view). When complete, click the Filter button.
- Additional filtering options are below the Select All box. For example, items can begin to be filtered with items that begin with, end with or contain a certain string of characters. There are two sets of these additional filters. When complete, click the Filter button.
- Remove the filters from the Dashboard at any time by clicking the Broom button located above the top right corner of the dashboard. Clicking the Broom button will reset the Dashboard to the default view.
Grouping the Dashboard Columns
Users can display information in a collapsed view by grouping by a particular column. To group by any column heading on the dashboard:
- Click on the Grouping button located above the top-right corner of the dashboard. A light gray bar will appear above the column header bar.
- Click on any column header and drag the header to the light gray grouping bar. The dashboard will reorganize in a collapsed view according to the grouping column selected. The collapsed view shows a summary of totals and counters for the items contained within the group.
- Click the Subtotals to expand the grouping to see the details of the items within the grouping.
- Click the Grouping button again to remove any grouping from the Dashboard.
Customizing Columns Displayed on the Dashboard
To customize the information displayed on the Dashboard and to permanently save the customized view, follow the steps below. The columns displaying Status, Due Date and Task Name cannot be removed from the My Tasks and Worktrays Dashboard views. Please note that this feature is not available in the Milestones, To-Dos, Scoreboard or Management Dashboards.
- Click the Options button located above the top-right corner of the Dashboard. A column selection box will appear.
- In the column selection box will be a selection of available columns to add, subtract or reorder on the dashboard. Click on an item in the Available Columns list and click the right arrow to move it to the Selected Columns list.
- To remove a column, click on the Selected Columns list and click the left arrow button.
To change the order in which the columns are displayed:
- Click once on the column in the Selected Columns row.
- Using the up and down arrows, move columns into the order desired.
To save the Dashboard as the custom view:
- Click the "Save as Custom" button at the bottom for the column selection box. After saving, the column selection box will remain on the page.
- Select the dropdown menu at the top of the column selection box. Change the selection from Standard-Default to Custom.
- Click "Set as Default" to the right of the "Custom" box to display this dashboard view as a default for this user.
- Click the Options button to hide the column selection box from view.
Customizing Displayed Columns in the Milestones Dashboard
Users with the Milestones Dashboard can customize the Dashboard and display only the fields important to them. To customize the information displayed on the Dashboard, follow the steps below.
- Click the Options button located above the top-right corner of the Dashboard. A Displayed Columns box will appear.
- In the Displayed Columns box will be a selection of available columns to add or subtract on the Dashboard. Add a checkmark to column checkbox to display a column. Remove the checkmark remove the column from display.
- Click the Show All checkbox to display all columns. Uncheck the Show All checkbox to remove all columns from view. Plan Name, TPA Plan ID, and Period End cannot be removed from the Dashboard.
- Columns will be displayed in the order they were selected for display.
- The columns will be displayed as selected until the user logs out of the system.
Show Completed in the To-Dos Dashboard
Users can choose to display completed To-Dos for a certain period on the To-Dos Dashboard. To display this information, follow the steps below:
- Click the Options button located above the top-right corner of the Dashboard. A Show Completed box will appear.
- Click the Show Completed checkbox to place a checkmark and display completed To-Do's in the Dashboard.
- Click the Show For Last dropdown to choose the period for which To-Dos were completed in.
- Users can select, 1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, 1 Year, 2 Years, or All.
- As a Period is selected, the Dashboard will refresh with any applicable Completed To-Dos.
- Click the Options button again to hide the Show Completed box.
Refreshing the Dashboard
When working in a Dashboard, it may be necessary at times to refresh the Dashboard or screen to bring back updated information. To refresh the Dashboard:
- Click the Refresh button located above the top right corner of the Dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a way to limit tasks shown on my Dashboard based on their due date?
To do this the user would need to add the proper date filter in their Dashboard. Select the Due Date filter and under the “Show rows that value that” select the proper date parameters. For example, if the user would like to only see the next 7 days of work to be shown in their dashboard, they would select the Due Date filter on their Dashboard and add the date parameters in the filter box.
- If we want to set a task to appear on a dashboard months in the future, how do we prevent it from sitting on the dashboard during those months?
The project start date would need to notate this. This could be updated in the project template itself, or by searching for the Project, double clicking it and selecting the Summary tab. Here, the user can click the edit button and update the Project Start Date to the date they want the project and its tasks to appear on the Dashboard. The Projects Update Power Tool can also be used to update many projects start dates at once.
- We’ve launched a project, but it isn’t showing on anyone’s dashboard. Where did it go?
This could be due to a Project Start Date being set as a future date. A user can verify this by opening the project from the Plans Workflow tab and checking the value for the Project Start Date. If it needs to appear on a dashboard immediatly, simply change the date to be in the past.
- Is there a way to display the participant name for Distributions on the Dashboard?
On the My Tasks Dashboard users can click the Options button and include the "Project Description" in the Selected Columns. Click Save as Custom at the bottom of the pop-up window and confirm that Custom-Default is set in the default dropdown at the top of the pop-up window. The "Project Description" field will display the Participant Name for Distribution Projects on the Dashboard.