If an employee leaves the firm, and will not have any further access to PensionPro, users will need to change security settings in the system to remove the employee's access both to PensionPro and PlanSponsorLink.com. This article describes the process to terminate and rehire employees in PensionPro.
Tier Availability: All Product Tiers
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Employee, Add/Edit Contact
Employees cannot be completely removed from PensionPro.
Before users mark an employee as terminated in PensionPro, they will need to reassign any active Tasks and Employee Plan Role assignments to other employees. Reassignment can be accomplished through either:
- The Management Dashboard
- Through Power Tools > Projects > Project/Task Assignments.
For help with the Management Dashboard, view the Using the Management Dashboard Article.
For help with the Task Assignments Power Tool, view the Using Power Tools Article.
Terminating an Employee
Once users have cleared the Dashboards and Reassigned the Employee Plan Roles associated with the employee, users can terminate them in PensionPro.
- Click on the Company Directory on the left-hand side, a slider will open.
- Double-click on the employee’s name to display their employee details.
- Please note: Users will need to have the security right, “Add/edit employee” in order to access this data.
- Click the edit button on the General Employee Information tab.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox.
- Enter the Date of Termination in the “DOT” text box.
- Click Save.
Unchecking the Active checkbox will automatically deactivate their password so that they can no longer log in to PensionPro.
Remove Security Rights
Users may also wish to remove any security rights for terminated employees. To do so, users should click on the Security Rights tab on the employee's Employee Details screen and complete the following:
- Click once on a right to highlight it.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click Yes to confirm deletion.
Note: Users cannot delete multiple security rights at once, they must be deleted individually.
Removing Active Status for Terminated Employee’s Contact Record
After an employee is terminated, the contact record may be updated to reflect that the user is no longer active. This can be done from the Home tab of the Employee Details screen.
To update the Contact Record:
- Click the blue linked name of the Contact under General Employee Information.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the Contact Details General Information Screen.
- When the Edit General Information slider appears, uncheck the Active checkbox.
- Please Note: deactivating an employee's contact record will also deactivate the employee record found on Employee Details if it wasn't deactivated prior.
- Inactive Contacts can still log into PlanSponsorLink. To remove the employee's access to PlanSponsorLink, remove their email address from the Contact Details screen.
- Click Save.
Removing Helpdesk Access for an Employee
If the Helpdesk access for a terminated employee should be suspended, please open a ticket and notify our Support team. Provide the name and email address of the employee and our Support team will suspend the user's access to the Helpdesk.
Reinstating an Employee
If a previously terminated employee is not found in the Search tab, they may be inactive. In order to reactivate an employee’s data in the system, do the following:
Reinstating Active Status for Terminated Employee’s Contact Record: After an employee is terminated from the use of the system, the contact record may be updated to reflect that the user is once again active. To update the Contact Record:
- Click on the Search Tab.
- On the Contacts column, click the Settings (gear) button.
- Click the “Include Inactive Contacts” box.
- In the Search Box, enter the name of the Employee. Click Enter.
- Double-click the Employee's name in the Contact results.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the General Information grid.
- Place a check in the Active Checkbox.
- Click Save.
- Click on the Employee's name link next to the Employee field.
- Click on the Edit button to the right of the General Employee Information grid. A slider will appear.
- Check the Active Box.
- Edit the Date of Hire (if appropriate) in the “DOH” text field box.
- Remove the Date of Termination in the “DOT” text field box.
- Click Save.
- Click on the Account Tab.
- Click Reset Password. The employee should receive an email from [email protected] that includes a temporary password they should use when logging into PensionPro.