Do you know that you need to use a Power Tool to do something, but aren't quite sure which one you need? This article aims to point out which Power Tools can be used to perform common functions.
For instructions on utilizing any of the Power Tools recommended below, refer to the article Power Tools.
I need to update multiple Clients/Plans/Projects/etc.
Power Tools > Field Update, then select the relevant record type. These Power Tools can update one field to one value across any number of records.
Field Update Power Tools can only be used to update multiple records to the same value. At this time, it is not possible to make updates to records by importing a spreadsheet template.
I need to delete multiple Clients/Plans/Projects/etc.
Power Tools > Field Update, then select the relevant record type. Use Marked For Deletion as the field to be updated.
If the record type is not located within the Field Update category, it cannot be marked for deletion in bulk.
I need to add multiple Clients/Plans/Contacts/etc. from a spreadsheet.
Power Tools > Import > PensionPro Setup, then select the relevant record type. An import template can be downloaded by opening the desired Power Tool and selecting More at the top-right.
Import Power Tools can only be used to create new records. At this time, it is not possible to update multiple existing records by importing a spreadsheet template.
I need to reassign Tasks from one Employee to another.
Power Tools > Field Update > Tasks. Use Assigned To as the field to be updated. Tasks can be reassigned to an Employee by name or role, or an assignment can be removed.
I need to manage Employee Plan Roles or Plan Contact Roles.
Power Tools > Plans, then either Employee Plan Roles or Plan Contact Roles. Roles can be added or removed; Employee Roles can be reassigned to a new Employee.
To manage Website Rights for Plan Contacts, use Power Tools > Website Rights.
I need to reassign an Employee Plan Role based on another Employee Plan Role.
Unfortunately, PensionPro does not have a simple solution for reassigning Employee Roles based on the person assigned to a different Employee Role. Our current recommendation is as follows:
- Navigate to Power Tools > Plans > Employee Plan Roles.
- For I want to, select Reassign Roles.
- Select the name of one of the Employees that the role will be reassigned to.
- Select Next.
- Add the following two filters:
- Employee Plan Role | is equal to | [role being reassigned]
- Employee Plan Role | is equal to | [role that the reassignment is based on]
- Add any other desired filters, then select Next.
- The Employees assigned to the two Roles will be displayed for each Plan. Review the Roles and select any that need to be changed to the name selected in Step 3 above.
- Execute the Power Tool.
- Repeat for any other Employees that Roles need to be assigned to.
I need to launch Distributions from a spreadsheet.
Power Tools > Distributions > Add Distributions. Use Import From Spreadsheet as the Participant Source, then select More at the top-right to download an import template.