This article will review Employee Details, including where to find details listed, including a breakdown of what the details mean. Users can also find information on how to change their Login Names, Passwords, and Signatures.
Tier Availability: Track, Core, Essential, Premium, Team, Business
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Employee (Not required on the Account Tab)
Note: Tabs and fields will vary depending on the tier the user is on.
- Access Employee Details
- To Edit Employee Details
- Home Tab
- Locations Tab
- Security Rights Tab
- Account Tab
- Preferences Tab
Employee Details are divided into four separate tabs. They are the Home, Locations, Security Rights, and Account tabs. Below is a summary of each tab and their function.
Access Employee Details
- Click on the Company Directory to the left of the screen
- Double-click an Employee's name.
Users can access their own Employee Details > Account tab by clicking Application > Account at the top of any screen in PensionPro.
Users do not need security rights to view and edit their own Employee Details > Account tab. The Home, Locations and Security Rights tabs require the user to have the Add/Edit Employees security right to see them.
To Edit Employee Details
- Click on the Company Directory to the left of the screen and double-clicking an Employee's name.
- Click on the appropriate Employee Details tab.
- Users can select the following:
- Displays General Employee Information.
- Displays Location Right(s) assigned to the Employee.
- Security Rights
- Displays Security Rights assigned to the Employee.
- Displays the user's Login Name, Help Desk access, and Employee Signature.
- Preferences (Business Tier users only)
- If Email Notifications are enabled for user control, displays which actions trigger an Email Notification.
- Users can select the following:
- Click the Edit button to the right of the grid.
- Make desired changes.
- Click Save.
The Home Tab displays General Employee Information, such as their active status, date of birth, date of hire, and date of termination.
- Contact: The blue hyperlink of the employee's name directs the user to that employee's Contact Details screen where address, number, email, and other information can be updated.
- Active: Displays whether the Employee is active or not. Employees without the Active checkbox marked will not be able to log into the System.
- Show on PSL: Displays if the employee should appear on PlanSponsorLink for any internal Plan(s) if PlanSponsorLink services are enabled.
- DOB: The employee's date of birth.
- DOH: Date of hire for the employee.
- DOT: Date of termination for the employee.
- Employee ID: Employee ID is the number associated with the Employee’s records on file. These numbers could be listed on badges, key cards, etc.
- Billing rate: If an employee’s time can be a billable expense, Billing Rate is the employee's charge per hour of work.
- Employee cost: Employee cost is the assigned salary or hourly rate an employee costs the company.
- Hourly overhead cost: A firm’s actual or budgeted cost for fixed costs associated with day-to-day operations.
- Part Time: This is a Yes/No field that tracks if the employee works part-time.
- Admin Task Performer: This is a Yes/No field that tracks if the employee performs administration tasks for plans.
- Payroll ID: An identifier for the employee for payroll items.
Whenever a Client is created in the PensionPro, that Client must be associated with a Location. Locations act as a security right so that only employees assigned to the corresponding Location right can see Clients and Plans linked to that Location.
This tab displays the Location rights the employee has access to. The employee will only be able to see client and plan information for Locations they have access to.
To Add a Location Right:
- Click the Add button to the right of the Employee Location Rights grid.
- Select a Location from the Location dropdown menu.
- Click Save.
To Delete a Location Right:
- Click once on a Location to highlight it.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
To find more information regarding Locations, please refer to our article Using Firms and Locations.
Security Rights Tab
The Security Rights tab provides a list of any security rights that are assigned to the employee. Users can add/edit/or delete rights, maintaining what the employee has access to in PensionPro.
For a full list of security rights and how to add, and delete those rights, please refer to our article Adding Employees and Security Rights.
The Account tab is where users can edit an employee's login name, password, access to the Help Center, and Signature. Employees do not need any rights to view or edit their own Account Tab.
To edit an employee’s account details:
- Click the Edit button to the right of the Account grid.
- Make desired changes.
- Once confirmed, click Save.
Login Name: This is the username the employee will use when logging into PensionPro. Typically it is the employee's email address. The login name cannot match another user's login name.
Helpdesk Access: The helpdesk detail indicates whether or not a user has access to the PensionPro Help Center. Track Tier users do not have access to the Help Center. For more information on gaining access to the helpdesk, please review our article Getting Access to PensionPro’s Help Center.
Signature: Users can add a signature for employees to display their email address, phone extensions, etc which can be seen in sent communications when using PensionPro such as Blast Email.
Employees can update their password from the Account tab.
- From the Application > Account, click the Edit button to the far right of the screen.
- Click the checkbox for "Update Password."
- Enter the old password, update the new password and confirm the new password.
- Once those fields are filled in properly, the user can click Save.
Note: The password chosen is the password that will be used to log in to the PensionPro. This password does not need to be the same as the password used for logging into the Help Center. Changes to PensionPro credentials do not affect the user's Help Center credentials. For more information on resetting Help Center credentials, please click here.
Users can reset their own passwords in PensionPro.
- From the Application > Account
- Click the Reset Password button.
- The user should receive an email from email@example.com.
Users can reset other employee's passwords if they have the Add/Edit Employee security right by clicking the Reset Password button to the right of the Account grid. By clicking the Reset Password button, the employee's password will be reset. The employee will receive a temporary password in an email that is sent to the email address associated with that employee in PensionPro. The employee must use the temporary password the next time they log into PensionPro.
The Preferences tab is where users can edit their Email Notification preferences. Employees do not need any rights to view or edit their own Preferences Tab.
Tier Availability: Track, Team, Business
Updating User Preferences
- From the Application Menu, click Application > Account.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- The Preferences tab will only appear if the Enable Email Notifications preference was set to "Yes" in the PensionPro Preferences > Notifications menu.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the Preferences Grid.
- If Enable User Control is marked "No" in the Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro > Preference Type: Notifications, the remaining email notification switches will read "Controlled by Firm" and will NOT be able to be edited.
- Select "Yes" from the Email Notifications dropdown menu.
- If "No" is selected, the user will not receive any email notifications for the reason below.
- Select "Yes" from any applicable Email Notification dropdown to which the user would like to have an email notification sent for.
- If "No" is selected, the user will not receive any email notifications for the action selected.
- Click Save.
Below is a list and description of individual User Preferences for Email Notifications.
- Email Notifications: Allows the user to receive and configure email notifications from PensionPro. This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive any email notifications.
- Prospect Assignment Email Notification: This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive an email notification when a prospect is assigned to the user.
- Proposal Assignment Email Notification: This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive an email notification when a proposal is assigned to the user.
- Task Reassignment Email Notification: This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive an email notification when a task is reassigned to the user.
- Task Activation Email Notification: This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive an email notification when a task is created and assigned to the user.
- To-Do Reassignment Email Notification: This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive an email notification when a To-Do is reassigned to the user.
- Worktray Reassignment Email Notification: This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive an email notification when a task is reassigned to the Team/Worktray.
- Worktray Task Activation Email Notification: This preference must be set to 'yes' in order to receive an email notification when a task is created and assigned to the Team/Worktray.