When marking a contact for deletion, users may get an error message stating “Cannot Mark for Deletion: Linked to a Contact issue”. This error is referencing the 'Issues' on the Contacts sub-tab of an Annual Administration data collection project. If this error appears, it means that a plan sponsor noticed an issue on the Contacts step of a project on PlanSponsorLink that was not resolved. This article explains how to resolve outstanding issues so users can continue to delete a contact successfully.
Tier Availability: Essential, Premium, Business
Add-On Availability: PlanSponsorLink
Security Rights Required: Manager, Add/Edit Plan
The first step in this process is to identify the project where the contact issue resides. Users can run the Web Status Report: Client Data Collection Summary Report and search by plan year end to find which project has the issue. The issue will show up in the Contacts section of the report. To access the report click Reports > Web Status Reports > Client Data Collection Summary.
Once the project is identified, users need to remove the contact issue. To do so a user can first add his/her self as a plan contact with full website rights to the plan. The next step is to re-open the project if it was closed. Once the project is open, users can log into PlanSponsorLink to remove the issue. Users need the Manager security right to re-open the project.
Add yourself as a Plan Contact:
- Browse to the Plan in PensionPro and click the People Tab.
- Click the Contacts sub-tab on the left of the screen.
- Click Add button on the right. A slider will appear. Enter your name in the Contact field.
- Enter a contact role and check the box for 'Show On PSL' then click Save.
- On the Plan Contact Role grid, highlight your name by clicking once and then click the Website Rights/lock buttion to add website rights.
- When the slider appears click the dropdown menu and select 'Add All Rights' and click the green add button to the right. Click save when done.
Reopen the the Project:
- Click on the Workflow tab of the Plan. Double click the project in question.
- Double click the Data Collection Task Grouping.
- If all of the tasks are complete, find the Contacts task and double click it.
- On the Task Items screen click the Remove Completion button on the top right of the screen. This will re-open that part of the project.
(If the project is re-opened, all re-opened tasks need completed after the contact issue is removed)
Remove the Contact Issue:
- Log into PlanSponsorLink and click the Begin Task button for the project.
- Click on the Contact step of the project.
- Click the View Issues button that appears on the right of the grid next to the Contact's name with the issue.
- The View Issue popup will appear. Click the Delete button to remove the issue.
- Click 'Yes' to confirm deletion of the issue.
The contact should now be ready to mark for deletion.