This article explains how to Add an Employee and Assign Security Rights in PensionPro. At the bottom of this article is a Security Rights Assignment Chart to help the user when assigning Security Rights,
Tier Availability: Track, Core, Essential, Premium, Team, Business
Add-On Availability: SalesPitch
Security Rights Required: Add/Edit Employee
Note: Fields will vary depending on the tier the user is on.
How to Add an Employee
- Click on Data>Employee>Add An Employee in the Applications Menu at the top of the screen.
- The Add Employee slider menu will appear. Complete the fields on the slider menu and click Save. First Name, Last Name, Email, and User Name are required fields. The User Name must be a minimum of 6 characters. Many users’ setup the employee’s email address as the User Name, but that is not required. Clicking the Create Zendesk Account box will create an account for the user in the Help Center.
- Click on Application>Refresh Security in the Application Menu at the top of the screen to refresh the security setting and add the employee to the Company Directory.
- Using the Search box or the Search tab on the Dashboard, locate the Employee. They should show up in the Contact column on the Search Dashboard. The Employee can also be found by clicking on the Company Directory located vertically on the left-hand side of the screen. The directory will list all active employees and will sort them by location.
- From the Search Dashboard, double-click on the Contact Name to go to the Contact Details Home tab. The Contact Details Home tab can also be accessed by double-clicking on the employee’s name from the Company Directory and then clicking on the hyperlink for the employee’s name. In the Contact Details click on the Address tab to add the Employees’ address.
- Click on the add button and the Add Contact Address slider menu will appear.
- If an address already exists, choose it from the dropdown list. Then select the Address Type from the dropdown list. If the type is not listed one will need to be created in list values. Click on the checkbox to indicate whether the address is a Primary Address. Once all the fields are completed, click Save.
- If an address needs to be added, click on the add button next to the Address field and complete the slider menu. Address type is a list value. Once all the fields are completed, click Save. Note: Address 1, City, State, Zip, and Address Type are required fields.
- Next Employees’ phone numbers can be added by clicking on the Numbers tab.
- Click on the add button and an Add Numbers slider menu will appear.
- Choose a number type from the dropdown list. If the type is not listed one will need to be created in list values. If the phone number already exists, choose the Number from the dropdown list, add the Extension if applicable, and click the Primary Number checkbox if the number is a primary number. Once all the fields are completed, click Save.
- If the phone number needs to be added, select the Type from the dropdown list, click on the add button next to the Number field and complete the slider menu. Once all the fields are completed, click Save. Note: Type and Number are required fields.
- The Activity, Assigned To-Dos, Interactions, and Notes tabs will populate as the employee is added to plans, assigned To-Dos, are included in Blast Emails, and Notes are added.
Adding Security Rights
To Add Security Rights, the user will need to be in the Employees Detail screen. To access the Employee Details screen and edit an Employee's Security Rights:
- Click on the Company Directory on the left-hand side of any screen in PensionPro and Double-click on the employee's name.
- The Employees Detail screen can also be accessed by clicking on Maintenance > Firms/Locations from the Applications Menu and double-clicking on the employee's location, then click on the Employees tab, and double-click on the employee's name.
- Click on the Security Rights tab and click on the Add button.
- The Add Security Rights slider menu will appear.
- From the dropdown list select the Security Rights to be added or select Add All Rights and then click the Add button next to the dropdown menu.
- If all Security Rights should be added, select "Add all rights" from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
Below is a list of security rights and their function:
- Access Merge Documents: Allows access to Merge Documents Templates.
- Access Power Tools: Allows the user to access and user the power tools menu items.
- Access Query Tool: Allows the user to access the Fetch Query Tool application.
- Access SalesPitch: Allows the user to access SalesPitch. When this right is added, a message indicating that the Access SalesPitch right has been selected and if added will be included in the monthly fee calculation for SalesPitch charges will appear at the bottom of the Add Security Rights slider menu.
- Access SalesPitch Conversion Tool: Allows the user to access the SalesPitch Conversion Tool.
- Account Maintenance: Allows the user to access and manage PensionPro account information.
- Add/Edit Client: Allows the user to Add a new Client from the application menu and edit existing client information from the Client Details tab.
- Add/Edit Contact: Allows the user to Add a new Contact from the application menu and edit existing contact information from the Contact Details tab.
- Add/Edit Employee: Allows the user to Add a new Employee from the application menu and edit existing employee information from the Employee Details.
- Add/Edit Event: Allows the user to add, edit and delete Events.
- Add/Edit Event Configurations: Allows the user to add, edit and delete Event Configurations.
- Add/Edit Fee Schedule: Allows the user to Add and Edit Fee Schedules.
- Add/Edit Interaction: Allows the user to Add an Interaction from the application menu and add/edit an Interaction in the Client, Plan or the Contact Details.
- Add/Edit Plan: Allows the user to Add a new Plan from the application menu and edit existing plan information from the Plans Details tab.
- Add/Edit Plan Cycles: Allows the user to edit Plan Cycles
- Add/Edit Plan Doc Specs: Allows the user to add/edit plan document specification data.
- Add/Edit Project: Allows the user to Add a new Project and edit existing project summary information from the Project Summary tab.
- Alter Due Dates: Allows the user to alter Due Dates and Project Start Date in Projects.
- Authorized Computer Exempt: Allows the user to be exempt from computer authorization, maintain the list of authorized computers, and change the computer authorization application preference.
- Blast Email: Allows the user to access the Blast Email tools from the Communications application menu.
- Create Merge Documents: Allows access to create merge documents through the merge wizard.
- Delete Documents: Allows the user to delete files from Plans and Projects.
- Delete Interaction: Allows the user to Add/Edit interactions.
- Delete Notes: Allows the user to delete notes.
- Delete Secure File Exchange: Allows the user to delete Secure File Exchanges.
- Edit Other To-Dos: Allows the user to edit other users To-Dos.
- Edit PlanSponsorLink Styling: Allows the user to change colors, text sizes, etc. on PlanSponsorLink.
- Edit/Merge Company Names: Allows the user to edit Company Name details and access the Company Name Merge Tool from the Company Details Screen.
- Maintenance: Allows the user access to Maintenance Menu items.
- Manage PSL Passwords: Allows the user to manage contacts passwords for accessing PSL.
- Management Reports: Allows the user to access Management Reports from the Reports menu.
- Manager: Allows the user to access the Management Dashboard and remove completion dates from tasks.
- Reassign Tasks: Allows the user to reassign project tasks.
- Task Override: Allows the user to Override Task items in a project.
- View Events: Allows the user to view Events.
- View Other Dashboards: Allows the user to access other employee’s dashboards.
- View Other Secure File Exchanges: Allows the user to access other user's Secure File Exchanges.
Deleting Security Rights
Users can delete security rights for an employee to restrict access to certain features of PensionPro. Multiple security rights cannot be deleted at the same time. They must be deleted individually per employee.
- Click once on a right to highlight it.
- Click the Delete button.
- Click Yes to confirm deletion.