The Notes tab allows the user to store statements that pertain to a Client, Plan, Contact, or Project, if applicable. If the SalesPitch feature is available and enabled, Notes can be added to Proposals, Opportunities, and Prospects. Notes can be found when clicking on the Notes tab. At the top of the Notes tab, there will be a number indicating the current amount of notes entered. This article will explain how to add, edit, and delete Notes.
Tier Availability: Track, Core, Essential, Premium, Team, Business
Add-On Availability: SalesPitch (for Proposal, Opportunity, and Prospect Notes only)
Security Rights Required: Delete Notes
Organizing the Notes Grid
Sorting: To view notes in either Ascending or Descending order, the user can click the Date column header to filter the results in the grid to be either newest to oldest or oldest to newest.
Filtering: Users can filter data in the Notes grid by clicking on the Filter button to the right of each column header. To Filter:
- Click the Filter button on the column header.
- Select the specific entry or entries for the filter (all items not selected will be hidden from view). When complete, click the Filter button.
- Additional filtering options are below the Select All box. For example, items can begin to be filtered with items that begin with, end with or contain a certain string of characters. There are two sets of these additional filters. When complete, click the Filter button.
Grouping: Users can group column header data to help organize notes. To group column headers:
- Click on the Toggle Grouping button located in the top right-hand corner of the grid
- Click and drag a column header into the grey bar that appears above the column headers
- Users can expand and collapse the grouped column data by clicking the grouped data rows
Users can remove grouping by clicking the Toggle Grouping button located in the top right-hand corner of the grid.
Rearrange Column Headers: Users can rearrange column headers to display Note information in the order they prefer. To rearrange column headers, click and drag a column header to the desired location on the grid.
To Add, Edit, or Delete a Note
To allow editing and deletion of Notes the preferences must be enabled. To do this click on Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro and in the Preference Type dropdown select Data Security. Click on the edit button and an Edit Preferences slider will appear. Set both Preferences to Yes and save.
Once the preferences are updated, use the Search feature to navigate to the details screen of a Client, Plan, Contact, Project, Proposal, Opportunity, or Prospect and click on the Notes tab.
Add a Note:
- Click the Add button and an Add Note slider menu will appear
- Type a Note in the Note text box and select a Note Category
- Notes cannot exceed a 2000 character limit
- If the Note Category is not listed, it can be added as a list value
- If applicable mark the Note as Important, which will add a red exclamation point next to the Note and place it at the top of the Notes grid
- If the Note is entered within a Project, the user can select to have it show on PlanSponsorLink by checking the Show Note on PSL checkbox
- These Notes will show within the Data Collection project, as well as the Data Collection Report
- If the Archived checkbox is checked then the Note will be removed from the standard Notes grid
- Click Save when all desired information is entered
Edit a Note:
- Click once on a Note record to highlight it
- Click the Edit button in the Notes tab
- Update the information and click Save.
Delete a Note:
Users can permanently delete notes if they have the Delete Notes Security Right. Once a Note is deleted, it cannot be retrieved.
To delete a Note highlight the Note, click the delete button, and click ‘Yes.’
Archive a Note:
Users can archive Notes to organize the Notes Grid and hide older Notes.
- Click once on a Note to highlight it
- Click the Edit button
- Check the Archived checkbox
- Click Save
To display archived Notes, users can toggle the checkbox for Include Archived at the bottom right corner of the Notes grid.
- I have all rights, why can't I delete a Note? The Allow Deletion of Notes preference may be set to "No." This is a global preference that overrides the Delete Notes Security Right for an employee. To enable deletion of Notes, click on Maintenance > Preferences > PensionPro and in the Preference Type dropdown select Data Security. Click on the Edit button and an Edit Preferences slider will appear. Set the Allow Deletion of Notes Preference to "Yes" and save.